059- "The Final Rounds: Rush To The Battle Arena!"

The moon lit up the night sky and the clouds overhead stood still. The sounds of owls and crickets echo Konoha. Naruto stood outside the stadium where the Chunin exams will take place glaring at the banner.

His eyes narrowed and his brows drew together, "Tomorrow...huh?" he muttered.

꧁꧂

He walked around town until he reached  Ichiraku's Ramen Shop. He sat down when he noticed a girl with silvery hair was sweeping in the back.

"Y/n?" He says.

"Naruto?! What are you doing here?" Her face reddened, flushed and avoiding eye contact.

His smile slipped and began spacing off again, the cup of water still clasped in his hands.

"Naruto...are you o-"

"Y/n can you take this bag out back for me please, thank you again for taking Ayame shift today she wasn't feeling well," Teuchi smiled.

"Oh, no problem. I love to help out at as possible," she bowed and took the bags to the back.

He went back to fix a couple of dishes when he notice Naruto was still sitting there.

"What's up? It's been awhile," he says.

He immediately looked up and nervously laughed. "Heh-heh, I was kind of in the hospital," he answered.

"The hospital?" He repeats.

"I'm totally fine now, Nothing to it!" he reassured.

"I see," Teuchi says. "Y/n glad you back here, hand this to Naruto.

She nodded and handed him the bowl of Ramen.

"Y/n when did you get here?" He says.

Her smile faded and she whacked him in the head, "I was standing here the whole time idiot!"

He notice his plate had extra garnishes this time and was quite confused, "Pops?" He asked.

"Just eat it," Teuchi swatted.

Y/n have a close-eyed smile and nodded, her chin cupped in her hands as she watched.

"Y/n told me the Final round is tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah..." he says. He looked up once more and chuckled, "Alright, okay then!"

"It's on the house," Y/n says.

He grabbed the chopsticks and quickly dug in the hot spicy bowl of ramen. "Thank you!"

[•••]

Meanwhile the Ino-Chika-Chō trio is eating at a restaurant nearby chatting it up about the match tomorrow.

"You've got a daughter at home, so it's not so bad, right? Most of my money vanished with the food expenses," Choza groaned, a smile still plastered on his face.

"Moron. Your home is special, right?" Shikaku asked.

"Huh?" Choza raised a brow.