038- "Narrowing the Field: Sudden Death Elimination!

꧁꧂

Hayate announces that an unusually large number of genin passed the second stage of the exam, and as such, before they can proceed to the final stage, a series of one-on-one preliminary matches will have to take place so that only the winners of each match can proceed.

Y/n noticed Kabuto look around before he quickly waved to her and smiled. She smiled back and waved.

"I like to withdraw from the competition," he announced. He immediately turns to Hayate.

"What why," Y/n mouthed.

"I sustained a injury in the earlier portion of the test, he says.

What injuries, his perfectly fine.

Besides the old Kabuto might come out," he adds.

I look over to see Sasuke quickly reach his neck, Y/n face saddened.

He must still be in pain.

"Sasuke.." Y/n says. He turns to her, his face looked more pale, and his eyes had a dead look to them.

"Don't worry about me got it," he says before she could even say a word.

"No, I will, I can see your still experiencing pain, Naruto doesn't know what happen to yo-

"And leave it like that, he doesn't need to, he grabbed her wrist. Leave it alone," he growled.

"Sasuke...your hurting me."

He let go.

Y/n felt a little scared of him. She never thought she'd ever feel like that towards him.

She look to Sakura who was staring in their direction, she quickly hid her wrist.

"You need to drop out Sasuke-Kun," Sakura tried to convinced.

"I said no, what don't you guys understand, he refuses. And don't call me that," he snarled.

"You don't even care about being a Chūnin.." Y/n mumbled to myself.

"I must see how I do against some of the new ninjas so I can avenge my family," he gives her a annoyed stare.

The preliminary matches are to begin with Sasuke versus Yoroi Akadō.

As everyone else leaves the arena, Kakashi walks up to Sasuke and warns him about using his Sharingan, revealing that he knows about the cursed seal. He tells Sasuke that if the cursed seal begins to overtake Sasuke, Kakashi will stop the match.

꧁꧂