010- The Land Where A Hero Once Lived

꧁꧂

While Naruto and Sasuke try to outdo each other in their Tree Climbing Practice, a worker of Tazuna's named Giichi quits, and tries to convince Tazuna to give up building the bridge. As things get hectic, because of everyone's fear of dying after they heard about the attacks.

Later on their way home from a food market, Y/n and Sakura was astonished by the poverty in the Land of Waves (and how many people want to steal their bag, which I initially thinks is a way to grab their butts).

"Pervs," Y/n and Sakura say in unison.

"Our country would be much better off if the bridge were completed and Gatō removed from power," Tazuna points out.

Following dinner (in which Naruto and Sasuke are constantly eating and puking in an attempt to get stronger), Sakura asks why Inari often stares at the family photo on the wall, which is torn so that a person's face and upper body are gone.

Y/n looked at Sakura with a 'really face' it's obvious they are trying to keep whoever it was out of there lives.

"Sakura," Y/n she eyed her, wiping my mouth.

"What?" She looked confused.

Angered suddenly, Inari leaves the table, making Tsunami chase after him. Tazuna then explains that the man torn from the picture, named Kaiza, was once a hero in the Land of Waves and Inari's stepfather.

"T-They" meaning the whole village looked up to him. Especially Inari. It was like a father he never had. And he was taken away from him. And it's been hard for him ever since, he explained. He was our hero."

Background Story of Kaiza

A travelling fisherman, he initially met Inari after saving him from drowning, and Inari came to rely on him heavily to the point where he wouldn't stand up for himself. He became revered as a hero when he single-handedly saved a large portion of the village from a flood. However, when Gatō arrived, he had Kaiza killed in an attempt to destroy the hope of the land, a strategy that sadly succeeded and traumatised Inari.

•••

"Well," Naruto licks the curry clean. Someone has to show Inari they are still hero's in this world," he says confidently. Y/n always liked that about Naruto. He always was determined. And went to talk to him. It didn't go so well.

"I'm going to go train," Naruto tells her not to tell anyone, and sneaks out.

"Be safe" she whispered as she got ready for bed.

꧁꧂