069- "Village in Distress: A New A-Ranked Mission!"

"What do you mean?"

"Be careful...It's your first A-ranked mission since the Land of the Waves.

꧁꧂

"Sensei! Look at the condition we're in, how can we even do a A-Rank mission?!"

"Y/n and Sasuke are chasing after Gaara and company of the Sand Village. Sakura, release the genjustu on Naruto and Shikamaru and god after Sasuke and Y/n." Kakashi suddenly slit his thumb. I feel uneasy...about that unusual chakra. Kakashi remembered the strange arm that came out of Gaara's sand barrier that almost looked monster-like.

"But then, we should wake up Ino and Choji and go in a large group," Sakura insisted.

"There may already be quite a large number of Sound and Sand Shinobi who have infiltrated this village. Actions lose quickness when there's more than than fundamental four in a squad...in your case you lose two at the moment, and it becomes difficult to hide from the enemy. You learned that in the Academy's patrol practical training, right?" He gave a once-over.

"Oh I see!" Sakura quickly nodded. "Then four means thats you'll come with us, since I'd be only me, Naruto and Shikamaru."

"Nope," Kakashi began doing hand seals and then used his blood from his thumb to summon a dog, Pakkun. "As for the rest, this Pakkun will track down Sasuke or Y/n by scent."

"Y-You're saying that the one other member is that puppy?!" Sakura gaped.

Pakkun jumped up inches from Sakura's face. "Hey! Little girl! Don't you be calling me a cute puppy!" His eyes bored into hers.

Sakura stood dumbstruck, shock at it talking she quickly nodded. I didn't say cute...

"Okay, Sakura go awaken Naruto and Shikamaru!" Kakashi instructed.

She quickly nodded, and rushed over to the unconscious boys. "Release," she repeated and used her two index and middle finger and tapped Naruto into awakening.

Naruto woke up rubbing his eyes in confusion, "What is it...Sakura?" Before she could respond a Kunai was sent coming their way.

"Get down!" She says, ducking herself and him as well. "I'll tell you later! Just stay down and be quiet!" She whispered.

She approached Shikamaru getting ready to release him from the Jutsu but she notice his eyes twitching as she bend over.

"Shikamaru...you were...awake this whole time," Sakura grumbled.

He laid there and didn't respond hoping she'd go away, suddenly he felt teeth digging into his leg.

"Owweee!" He cried and he tried swatting Pakkun off his calf.

"You were able to release Genjutsu, too! Why were you pretending to be asleep!?" Sakura questioned.

He grabbed the dog off him and sighed, "I didn't want to have any part on what was going on, it would be a pain to get involved!" He says.

"But what about our friends!?" Sakura eyed him.

"Huh? Look I can careless about Sasuke!" He huffed.