060- "Byakugan vs. Shadow Clone Justu!"

Naruto looks around for Sasuke, who hasn't shown up, and Shikamaru wonders why Dosu hasn't shown up as well.

"Sasuke, still hasn't showed up?" the Third Hokage asked.

"A team of several Anbu members are searching all over, but they found nothing yet." He leaned over closer to the Third Hokage ear, "He might already be in the hands of Orochimaru..."

He nodded. If that's the case, we may never find him. "I understand."

The Fourth Kazekage arrives with his bodyguards.

"You must be tired having come all this way," The Third Hokage teased.

He glanced over wide-eyed. "No...I'm glad the arena is in the Leaf Village. Even though you're still young, it would probably be a tough journey for you if you had to go to the trouble of traveling someplace else. Shouldn't you decide on the fifth Hokage soon?"

The Third laughed, "Please don't treat me like a old person. I'm still planning on being Hokage for another five years..." he stood up and walked over to the railing.

The Fourth Kazekage stared at him menacingly.

"Now then, I guess it's about time to begin."

The Third Hokage commences the final exam. "Everyone, thank you very much for coming to the Village Hidden in the Leaves Chunin Exam. We will now begin the "final round" matches for the eight who made it through the preliminaries! Please watch until the end!"

"If there are supposed to be eight, it looks like there's one missing," The Fourth questioned.

[•••]

"I have something to tell you before the match." Hayate digs in his vest pocket to retrieve a folded up paper of the contestants and opponents.

"There was a slight change to the tournament. Check who you'll be facing one more time."

Shikamaru was no longer facing the Dosu Sound Ninja, for reasons he isn't aware about but Gaara is, speaking since his the one who murdered him.

Naruto raised his hand to get Hayate attention.

"What?"

"Umm...Sasuke still hasn't come, what'll happen?" Naruto says looking off into the crowd we're he spots Y/n and Sakura.

Y/n looked over and notice a concern look on Sakura's face. I wonder what happened to him, he wasn't in the hospital room either when I visited him secretly the other days. What's going on with him?

"He'll show up," Y/n reassured, giving her a half smile.

"I hope your right," she nods.

"In case a competitor doesn't arrive by the start time of his match...he or she will lose by default!" Hayate explained.

Naruto gulped at the fact. It doesn't make sense. Knowing his character, he'd come even if he had to drag himself.

Naruto pondered on that thought even more. Gaara remembered seeing Sasuke and Kakashi training in the mountains a few days ago. Gaara began trembling again.

"He didn't kill Sasuke Uchiha...did he?"

"Listen up you guys. The terrain is different, but the rule is that there are no rules, the same in the preliminaries. The matches will continue until one or the other dies, or acknowledges defeat. However, if I judge that it had been settled, I'll stop the match there. Arguments will not be tolerated. Understood?"