27

HAWKINS BLEEDING! CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN:
BILLY AND HEATHER

El sat in the ground with the static on the radio and Stephenie and Max sat on the bed, Stephenie had explained to Mac how El could look for people in her mind and see them at that moment.

"Is this really going to work?" Max asked, El nodded "Holy shit this is insane"

"Max" Stephenie told her

"Right, quiet, I'm sorry" Max apologized

"I see them" el said, Max and Stephenie moved on each side off El.

"What are they doing?" Stephenie asked

"Eating. They say we are... species"

"What" her and Max asked in sync

"Emotion not logic"

"What" they asked louder

"Wills trying to get them to play d&d"

"They aren't?" Stephanie asked

"Lucas said, Stephenie and Wills... relationship isn't perfect" El said

"What? how?" Stephenie shifted in her spot

"You guys never do anything Will wants to" El said. Stephenie sighed, and looked at the ground

"I'll be right back" Stephenie said getting up and going to the bathroom.

She looked in the mirror. Will never said anything about not liking what they were doing? so it was fine right? She was probably just over thinking. She splashed water in her face and felt herself go dizzy again, she walked out of the bathroom but she fell down, everything going black again.

She woke up again. This time she couldn't see where she was. It was all black... like it was last time, and she now realized it was how El had explained the void to her. She saw someone hovering over a girl, she walked closer to it to see, Heather Holloway on the ground with Billy hovering over her.

Stephenies eyes widened before Billy turned his head to look Stephenie dead in the eyes making her stumble back, flashes of random things in her head again

A hospital

billy hovering her

the feeling of being chocked

a red door

an elevator

'Stephenie'
'Stephenie!"

Stephenie screamed as she came out of the dream grabbing for anything, hugging Max and El. Sobbing into there arms. This was the second time in 2 days this happened.

"It was all black and I saw someone being hovered and it was Heather Holloway, she works at the pool and then- B-Billy was hovering h-her, she just l-looked so s-scared then billy looked right at me and flashes of random things came in my head."

"What did you see?" Max asked

"A hospital, billy hovering me, a red door, the feeling of being chocked and a elevator"

"Is this the... first time it's happened?"

"No, it happened when I got home from seeing Dustin last night" Stephenie ran a hand through her hair "I don't know what's happening to me"

"You need some sleep, we will find out whatever's up with Billy tomorrow" Max said, leading Stephenie to Els Bed

the next morning they woke and left to go to Max's house, and search Billy's room.
"It's gonna start pouring soon, we should be at the mall or, like, watching a movie or something"
"You don't believe me?" Stephenie asked
"I believe you saw some really weird stuff, totally, but El, you said Mike sensed you in there or something, so maybe it was like that, Billy just sensed you somehow"
"Max, El has powers. I don't. This is just weird"

"You've been hanging out with Will to much. He's so paranoid" Max said
"Oh my god Max I'm telling you, I don't think Billy 'sensed' me" Stephenie groaned
"But the screams?" El asked

"I know, here's the thing. When Billy's alone with a girl, they make like, really crazy noises"
"They scream?"
"Yeah, but like..... happy screams"
"ew, Max" Stephenie scrunched her nose

"Happy screams? what is happy screams?"
"It's like..." Max sighed "I'm just gonna lend you my moms cosmo" They walked up to Max's house.

"His cars not here, you really want to do this?"
"Yes" Stephenie said looking to El who nodded as well

"Why do feel like we're going to find all kinds of wrong in here?" Max goes and opens Billy's side drawer, to see half naked model magazines
"Gag me with a spoon" she said closing the drawer.

They went into Billy's bathroom to look around. Stephenie looked in the tub, that was filled with water and empty ice bags with El by her side.

"Max" Stephenie said
"It's ice, just ice. Probably for is muscles or something. He works out like a maniac"
El looked over to the cabinet under the sink and she went and opened it. She took out the green garbage can and stuck he hand in it.

"El what is it" and she pulled out a red lifeguard bag and then a yellow whistle with blood on it.

Stephenie, Max and El walked into the pool in the pouring rain. Stephanie wore a red rain jacket. They walked up to the counter where two lifeguards were.

"Excuse me" Stephenie spoke up
"Nobody in the water until 30 minutes after the last strike, and don't try to argue with me. You want to get electrocuted go climb a tree"
"Ya we don't care, we're not here to swim, or get electrocuted"

"We found this" El said taking out the lifeguard bag and showing them
"Does this belong to anyone here?"
"Oh yeah, that's Heathers, I'll get it back to her"

"We could give it back to her" Stephenie said
"You could, cept, She's not here. Bailed on me today" The boy said. Stephenie looked at El and Max.

"What is this? do you girls want a reward or something?" He asked
"No, we're just... good Samaritan's" Stephenie said while the girl lifeguard looked at her. Stephenie scrunched her eyebrows in confusion.

They turned around to see the board with all the life guards on it. They all walk to it and stare at heathers picture.

"Heather. Do you think you can find her?"
Max and Stephenie turned on all the showers while El covered a pair of goggles.
They sat there watching El find heather.
"What do you see?"

"A door, a red door" Stephenie looked up at Max who was starring back her
"Y-You don't t-think that" All the sudden El threw off the goggles and gasped
"What happened? El?"
El just continued panting.