55

HAWKINS BLEEDING! CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE:
THE NERDS IN
SHINING ARMOUR

The group decided to head off to the War-zone store. Eddie, who was wearing Max's old Halloween mask lead the group to one of his neighbours trailers. They all hopped in one by one and Eddie sat down in the drivers seat beginning to play with the wires. He was going to Hotwire this thing.

"Where'd you learn how to do this?" Steve
asked

"Well, when the other dads were teaching their kids how to fish or play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hot-wire." Eddie answered

"At least your dad spent time with you" Stephenie muttered as Eddie briefly looked up at her with a nodd

"I swore to myself I wouldn't wind up like he did, but now I'm wanted for murder, and soon, grand theft auto. So, uh, I'm really living up to that Munson name."

"Eddie, I'm not sure I love the idea of you driving" Robin cut in

"Oh, I'm just starting this sucker," Eddie smirked, his head turning to Steve "Harrington's got her. Don't ya, big boy?" Eddie smiled before pushing the wires together starting the van. The two owners sprung up from their seats and started to bang on the windows.

"Steve drive!" Stephenie yelled as she landed beside Max in her seat and Steve slammed on the gas and the van went forwards quickly leaving the two people behind.

"Shit, they look pissed"

"It's not everyday Ty lose your house and car in one fell swoop"

Stephenie sat next to Dustin in the van, with Eddie a bit to their side. Max was talking to Lucas, and Steve was talking to Nancy. Stephenie looked at her feet as she felt the two boys eyes on her.

"You guys can stop starring" Stephenie muttered as she looked up at the two who awkwardly coughed

"Are you okay Stephenie?" Dustin asked

"As fine as someone who's one bad move away from death can be" Stephenie answered

"You won't die Stephenie. We'll make sure of it" Eddie chimmed in

"My nerds in shinning armour" Stephenie joked, laughing a bit

"You don't need us Stephenie. Your twice the fire any of us got and you got powers. Your like a million times more badass than I thought you were" Eddie told her

"But we got your back" Dustin said "anyday"

"Thanks guys"

After the group gathered everything from Warzome and a close encounter with a crazy Jason Carver, they were in the middle of a field building their weaponry. Stephenie sat with Eddie and Eddie who were building Shields. Eddie finished his and lifted it up, into a fighting position.

"How does it feel?" Dustin asked

"Light. But durable" Eddie told them as he swung it around "deadly... but reliable" Stephenie and Dustin laughed at Eddie's words before eddie lifted his hands "hear me now, there will be no more retreating... from Eddie the banished"

"Hey your really ready for bat-tle" Dustin joked as he stood up with his shield" and he chuckled as Eddie looked at him "you get it? bat-tle. B-A-T." Eddie didn't say anything and Stephenie looked between the two boys "no? I thought I had a good one" Dustin said before Eddie tackled Dustin backwards, and the two began play fighting.

"Never change Dustin Henderson" Eddie said "promise me? Promise?"

"Wasn't planning on it" Dustin said

"Good... good"

"Good" Dustin laughed and Stephenie laughed at the two before turning to Lucas and Erica

"Sinclair's!" She yelled and the two looked up "how those spears coming?" She asked and Lucas gave thumbs up.

The feeling in the van was gloom. Both Stephenie and Max had their headphones on, since Steve had picked up a new one for Stephenie. Everyone was silent. Stephenies heart pounded up agaisnt her chest as they approached  the creel house. Steve stopped the van, and Max exited first before Stephenie went to follow quickly but Steve grabbed her arm. She turned back to him with no facial expression.

"You'll be okay Steph. Okay? Just follow the plan" Stephenie nodded

"Yes" she said "l'll see you later" Stephenie told him before turning to follow Max, with Lucas and Erica following.

This had to work.

Or one of them wouldn't come out alive.