50

HAWKINS BLEEDING! CHAPTER FIFTY:
SKULL ROCK

"Not to be a wimp, but can I sit in the car for this visit cause this is totally and royally suck" Robin stated as they were on their way to Reefer Ricks house to check on Eddie. Stephenie sat in the back with Dustin and Steve. She had the worst feeling in her stomach since she woke up and everyone was worried about her.

"It'll be fine" Nancy said

" I just can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again, I really really can't"

"At least he can't drink himself into feeling better" Steve held up the six pack they had bought for Eddie per his request.

"That's what my mom does" Max added

"Why don't we give it a trial? Hey Eddie good news first this time. We got you some dusitn approved junk food and that six pack toy requested, oh and we found Vecna bad news is that he's in that other darker much scarier dimension, that we told you about and the gates closed so we have no way of getting to him like he's entirely shut uff to us so basically you're screwed and, no, I know you were already screwed, but now your like doubly triply screwed"

"Way to be positive Robin" Stephenie said

"Okay wait maybe we don't put it like that" Lucas suggested

"We're one step closer to finding vecna. That what we say. That's what's important"

"See, Robin? Positive spin can make all the difference" Steve stated

"Uh huh" Robin nodded

"Oh shit" Nancy muttered making Stephenie turn her head to see police cars and people around Reefer Ricks. Nancy quickly pulled up and the four of them rushed out of the car and behind one of the news vehicles. Officer Powell began to speak to the news camera.

"As many of you know, the Roane County line received a call a little after midnight reporting a homicide here on the lake." He stated

"Patrick" Stephenie whispered

"Officer Callahan here and myself arrived first on the scene. We made our way to the shore of Lover's Lake, about ten yards from that house you see behind me. It was there that we found the victim, a 18-year-old senior from Hawkins High, Patrick McKinney. We have also identified a person of interest..." The police officer trailed off, taking a deep breath before stating the name. "Eddie Munson. We encourage anyone with information to please come forward."

"Oh god" Stephenie muttered

"This is not good," Steve spoke "This is really not good."

After a minute more of Powell talking went on before he walked away and Stephenie heard static from Dustin's bag.

"Dustin, can you hear me?" Eddies voice came through and Dustin took now time to take his walkie out and step further away form the crowd.

"Eddie, holy shit," Dustin answered "Are you okay?"

"Nah, man," Eddies voice shook "Pretty...pretty goddamn far from okay."

"Where are you?" Stephenie spoke into the walkie while pressing the button

"Skull Rock. Do you know it?"

"Uh, yeah," Dustin began "That's near Cornwallis and-"

"Garrett, yeah," Steve nodded, finishing the thought running towards the car "I know where that is."

"Hold tight. We're coming. We're coming."

As the group walked through the woods trying to find Eddie, they were all listening to Steve and Dustin bicker the whole time. They both through my it was different was and this included the group changing ways every few moments.