44

HAWKINS BLEEDING! CHAPTER FOURTY FOUR:
BRAINSTORMING

At a young age Stephenie realized she was not normal. She was different from the other kids, not really listening and disruptive. she would fantasize about killing. Or dying. Whenever Steve would go out with his friends she'd secretly hope he'd just get to drunk and crash. She hated to admit it especially when he'd grown so much these past years but... it just bothered her. What made her think like that? Stephenie vaguely remembered as a kid she would have outbursts of anger. Her doctor gave her pills that she had to take everyday. She stopped taking them a few weeks before the visions started in July of last year.

All Stephenie could think of was the man in all white. Who was he? Why was he familiar? She'd never seen him but the voice was familiar. The feeling of him was familiar. She just couldn't think of it.

Stephenie stepped off the plane with all of the things. She felt different. She walked through the terminal and towards the main lobby of the small Indiana airport. She stepped outside and sat on her bags. It was very early in the morning and quite dark. She saw a bright familiar headlight coming up beside her and the car came to a stop. "Stephenie" Steve's voice said and she immediately stood up and saw him standing beside the car, before running to hug him.

"Steve" she jumped into his arms

"Are you alright has anyhting happend? No attacks?" He asked as he put her down and scanned her body for any harm

"There was one" she said and he quickly gave her a look of 'what the hell' "it was at the roller rink, in the bathroom. It was weird, Stevie Nicks started playing and it stopped" Stephenie explained

"Okay. We gotta get you home, we're brining Eddie groceries"

"We? I thought it was just you?" Stephenie asked before turning to the car that Robin, Dustin and Max were all sitting in. Her lips turned upwards into a smile at the sight of them.

Throughout the drive the group filled her in on everything that happened with Vecna and Eddie. Stephenie explained the vision she had, the attack from Vecna and everything he had said to her. They arrived where Eddie was hiding— his dealer Reefer Ricks place. They approached the house with the groceries and everything before coming to the door. Dustin opened the door before they all went in and Stephenie was last to peak her head through behind Steve seeing Eddie's expression change when he saw her.

"Delivery Service" Dustin exclaimed with a smile on his face. Stephenie waved a bit.

Eddie sat in the middle of them with a cereal box and one of the beers from the 6 pack.

"So we got some good news and some bad news" Dustin started as Stephenie sat between him and Steve "how do you prefer it?"

"Bad news first, always"

"Okay bad news is, we tapped into the Hawkins PD Dispatch with our cerebro after getting ahold of Stephenie, and there definitely looking for you— also there pretty convinced you killed Chrissy"

"Like 100% kinda convinced" max added

"And the good news?"

"Your name hasn't gone public yet"

"But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do"