49

HAWKINS BLEEDING! CHAPTER FOURTY NINE:
THE CREEL HOUSE

Stephenie felt her blood run cold as she stood in front of Victor Creel's house. It was the exact house she saw in her vision. She pursed her lips as she glanced at Nancy "God this house gives me the creeps." Stephenie muttered "I haven't even stepped in it yet"

"Yeah that's for sure" Steve agreed with his sister before the group started to walk towards the house but Stephenie felt herself not being able to move, and than a hand touched hers. Dustin's.

"It's gonna be okay Steph" Dustin told her and she noticed the group all looking at her before Robin pulled out a Walkman tape, Stevie Nicks. She handed it to Stephenie.

"I thought this would help your nerves a little. If you ever feel unsafe just put them on" Robin told the girl and Stephenie nodded and walked with the group and they got to the door. Steve and Nancy were trying to get the boards off the door.

"What are we looking for?" Stephenie asked

"I'm not sure..." Nancy stated "We just know that this house is important to Vecna"

"because both Max and Stephenie saw it in his red soup mind world?"

"Basically"

"Great" Steve muttered, going back to trying to open the door

"Maybe it holds a clue to where Vecna is," Dustin suggested "Why he's back, why he killed the Creels, and how to stop him before he comes back for Stephenie or Max."

"We don't think he's in here, do we?" Lucas asked, skeptically looking around.

"Guess we'll find out," Max stated.

Steve and Nancy both pulled the price of wood hiding the door and it fell to the ground making Stephenie flinch. Stephenie looked up at the door and she immediately pulled out the Walkman to around her neck.

Steve attempted to open the door but the bold was secured. "It's locked" he said "should I knock, see if anyone's home?" He asked

"That's a real funny joke Steve, let Vecna open the door for us, invite us in for dinner" Stephenie remarked at her older brother who have her a mocking look and the two began to go back and forth (yes like Miley and Jackson)

"Invite us in for dinner"

"It's locked" Stephenie and Steve kept making inaudible noises at each other before Robin spoke.

"No need" she yelled from back behind them, stopping the two. She held up a big brick "I found a key"

"Wait" Stephenie stopped her "what if I try to use my powers?" She suggested and the group looked at her as she stepped in front. Stephenie closed her eyes and let herself relax. She focused on the door, before She turned her head and the door creaked. She opened her eyes and felt a rush down her nose. The door had opened. She turned to look at the group.

"Voila"

"My idea was more fun" Robin said and Stephenie laughed, before everyone started to enter the house. Steve was first and Stephenie was after him. She felt a chill up her spine again as she entered the house. She felt him.

"Looks like someone forgot to pay their electric bill," Lucas spoke, flicking the light switch on and off.

Stephenie pulled out her flashlight along with Dustin, but of them turning it on. Following them, Nancy, Robin, Lucas, Max, and Dustin pulled out their flashlights lighting up the room.

"Where'd everyone get those?" Steve asked cluelessly

"Do you need to be told everything?" Dustin asked  "You're not a child."