41

HAWKINS BLEEDING! CHAPTER FOURTY ONE:
CALIFORNIA

Stephenie felt as if knives were going into her sides. She opened her eyes and her vision cleared from spotty black dots slowly to see the Mind Flayer holding her in the air. She froze up and she couldn't do anything but widen her eyes in shock and tears streamed down her face. She turned her head towards the ledge where she saw a few figures standing.

"Stephenie!" she heard Wills voice call out, She looked to Steve who just was starring at her in shock, his baby sister. Was she about to die right in front of him?

"Lucas, now!"

"Flay this you piece of shit" Lucas yelled throwing fireworks towards the Mind Flayer.

"Hey asshole, over here"

fireworks started to be thrown at them, Stephenie got hit by a few hissing in pain, the Mind Flayer held her though all of it. Stephenie felt herself go very lightheaded, she could barley see or hear anything around her. Exept faint voices.

"Were out!"

Stephenie turned a bit to Billy over Eleven, but she was talking. She turned back to the mind flayer and more tears came. She was going to be killed by the mind flayer. She couldn't even have a panic attack, her mind was everywhere else, What about Steve? Will? Everyone she loved.

"Put her down" she turned to see Billy standing his ground. The Mind Flayer hesitated to drop Stephenie but did it anyways, letting her fall next to El and grab her sides in pain.

El and Stephanie held each other, and Stephenie put her arms in an X to protect her and El, as the mind flayer tried to attack them but it never came. Stephenie looked up to Billy stopping it.

"No!" Billy said screaming

The Mind Flayer picked up Billy and stuck his claws in his side, Stephenie covered her mouth in shock, and to mute the cries she was letting out, Billy let out one more blood curdling scream before the mind Flayer put a claw right through his stomach and dropped him to the ground. Stephenie looked at her side to see small cuts from the mind flayer holding her.

Billy saved her?

"Billy!" Max screamed

The Mind Flayer crashed down to the ground.
Stephenie crawled over to Billy.

"Billy, why" she said "why'd you do that?" She whispered. Mike came over and hugged El, Max slowly approached them

"Billy, come on Billy"

"I'm sorry" Billy coughed up blood before going completely limp

"Billy, no" Max cried as Stephenie and El held her. "It's okay, it's okay" Stephenie said "it's okay, it's okay"

Stephenie sprung awake quickly, her forehead dripping in sweat and her breathing heavy. That night had echoed in her head for months. These nightmares had became more frequent recently.

She had her bags all packed and everything she needed for California. Steve made her eat a good breakfast before dropping her off at the Wheelers and the two said their goodbyes for the week. "Hey so last night, are you sure your fine? You look kinda pale" Steve told her, checking her temperature with his forearm and Stephenie pushed it away in annoyance.

"Steve I'm fine" she told him and he raised an eyebrow before sighing.

"Okay."

"Just call if you need to get ahold of me" Stephenie said and he nodded

After a very long flight, Stephenie and Mike had Finally arrived in sunny California. The two walked off the plane and through towards the airport. They came out of the doors and immediately Stephenie started looking for Will and El. She looked around eagerly— before hearing a familiar voice.

"Mike! Steph!"

Stephenie and Mike turned their heads quickly to see El standing up very excitedly. Stephenie noticed Will holding flowers and smiled.They headed towards them and Stephenie didn't waste any time before running to Will like El did Mike. She hugged him tightly for a moment before placing her hand on his cheek to kiss him on the lips quickly.

"Missed you" Stephenie told him and he nodded

"I missed you too" he said before putting up his flowers "I got these for you" he told her and she smiled, taking them.

"I love them" she stated before turning and going to hug El. The two girls giggled as seeing each other for the first time in so long. Stephenie saw out of the corner of her eye Will and Mike awkwardly hug— which was odd cause she thought Mike would be so happy to see Will.

"That's a rad shirt man, ocean pacific?"  The teenage boy beside Jonathan stated

"Oh, Mike, Steph, this is my friend Argyle"

"Oh hey"

"Sup" Stephenie nodded as Argyle checked out Mikes shirt

"Oh no, no no. It's a shitty knockoff. Yeah— but don't worry man I'll get you the good threads out here. I heard a lot about your sister" he added

"Uh... o-okay um, should we go?" Jonathan asked

"Yeah this is kinda awkward man"

They made their way to the car. El told Mike all about what they were going to do and things she wanted to show him. Stephenie and Will slightly trialed behind them. She said something about a roller rink.

"Sounds Cool, are your friends gonna meet us there?" Mike asked and Stephenie looked to Will... he hadn't mentioned any friends to Stephenie.

"Friends? What friends?" Will asked

"You know, Stacy and Angela" El replied

"Angela?"

"You'll meet them I promise, just not today. I want today to be about me and you" El told Mike

Stephenie kept walking before she heard the sounds of a clock. She turned around to see the same grandfather clock as she's seen just the night before. She narrowed her eyes at it was just in the middle of the airport. She felt a hand grab onto hers and turned to face Will.

"Are You okay?" Will asked and Stephenie nodded

"Oh, yeah just... jet lag" she stated before holding out her hand that he took and they continued walking with the other three. Stephenie turned her head around one last time... but the clock wasn't there anymore.

AN: Short chapter today:/