48

HAWKINS BLEEDING! CHAPTER FOURTY EIGHT:
DRAWING HELPS

Stephenie woke up in an unfamiliar Florescent lighting and sat up, wiping he eyes and opened them to be surrounded by plain walls. The smell of disinfectant filled Stephenies nose and she looked down to see she was wearing a hospital gown and socks. She found a mirror that was just low enough she could see herself— her younger self. She got off the bed and went closer, looking at herself, before she started to hear screaming down the hall. She backed up from the door as more screams came. There was a moment of silence before the door burst open and Stephenie completely backed into the wall as she was faced with a blonde man in all white. The same one from her vision.

"Hello Stephenie" he spoke and Stephenie whimpered

"Who's... screaming" she asked

"That's not important. You need to come with me" he stated, coming towards her and pulling her out of the room and she immediately bolted down the hall towards a random set of doors before everything slowed down— and than she felt herself get lightheaded and appeared in a different room. It was like she had gained consciousness back from a trance or something.

She looked around and saw many dead bodies, and a small girl standing in front of the window still. Stephenie recognized the girl as a younger eleven and walked towards her as she starred at something. Stephenie approached and saw what she was looking at— a gate.

Than the door opened. Stephenie didn't move.

"What have you done?" Dr Brenner's voice asked from behind them and they both turned to face the man with blood on his face.

Stephenie looked at him for a moment before her brain went fuzzy and that she fell to the ground

Stephenie sprung awake, breathing heavily and she was quickly. She looked around to see the group hadn't woken up yet. Only Max. She got up quietly and made her way upstairs to be greeted with Mrs Wheeler making pancakes. Max was at the table with Holly with her crayons and Mr Wheeler was reading the news paper.

"Good morning Stephenie" Mrs Wheeler said and Stephenie smiled at her

"Good morning" Stephenie replied, letting out a sigh.

"Are you hungry at all? I'm making lots" Mrs Wheeler offered and Stephenie nodded

"Yeah, sure" Stephenie smiled, as Mrs Wheeler passed her a plate and she took a few pancakes. After Stephenie ate, she joined Max and Holly at the table. She looked at Max's drawings and immediately recognized them. Max looked up at her.

"Is this what you saw?" She asked "at the graveyard"

"Yeah" Max said

"Do you mind if I draw something? I think it could help" Stephenie offered towards the girl and she nodded

"Yeah, if you wanna finish the gaps" Max told her and she nodded

"Yeah of course" Stephenie said and grabbed a crayon. She began drawing at the table.

"Is everything okay?" Ms Wheelers voice asked and Stephenie put her head up to see Dustin and Nancy looking worried.

"Yeah" Nancy nodded

"I think it's so sweet how you guys are sticking together like this" Ms Wheeler said

"Could try sticking together at a different house for a change" Mr Wheeler muttered before Nancy walked towards them and sat beside Max and Stephenie, and max stopped her Walkman.

"Are you guys okay?"

"Yeah" Stephenie nodded hesitantly

"Yeah. Just couldn't sleep" Max answered along with her "people kept blasting music in my ears for some reason. But holy let me and Stephenie borrow some of her crayons. We're been having a fun morning right holly?" Max asked and Holly hummed in response. Stephenie couldn't stop thinking about her dream... or was it vecna showing her something?

Nancy looked at the girls drawings "is this what you guys have seen?" She asked

"It's supposed to be"

"I thought it would be easier to draw than explain. Not so much"

"Is that.." Nancy pulled a paper towards her of the two stumps that had Chrissy and Fred on them.

"It was like they were on display, and than there was this red fog everywhere. It was like a dream"

"A nightmare" Stephenie added and her leg bounced up and down "I saw something, when I was sleeping. I-I couldn't tell if it was vecna showing me something or not, but I think it was. I saw eleven." Stephenie explained to the two girls "But do you think Vecnas just trying to scare you max?"

"With Billy yeah" She said "but when I was here... I dunno something was different. He seemed surprised almost. Like he didn't want me there"

"Maybe you infiltrated his mind" Dustin suggested "he invaded your mind. Is it that big of a leap you somehow ended up in his? Like Freddy Kruegers boiler room"

"Freddy Krueger?" Holly asked

"He's a super burned up dude with razors for fingers and he kills you in your dreams"

"Dustin, seriously?" Nancy asked, nodding towards her sister

"Sorry, it's a movie. It's not real" Dustin told her and he turned back to them "just think about it. What if you somehow unlocked a back door to Vecnas world?"

"Like maybe the answer is somewhere in this incredibly vague drawing." Stephenie turned an eyebrow at Dustin "God we need will"

"I know. I tried them again this morning but same busy signal" Stephenie picked up the peice of paper Dustin held

"The window" Stephenie said "stained glass with rose windows"

"Yeah. See I'm not that bad after all" Max told dusitn

"Yeah it helps that I've seen it before" Stephenie muttered before starting to fold the peice of papers to in the end create a house shape. She traced over the lines with a black markerz

"It's peices of a house" Max said

"Not just any house" Nancy added as Stephenie placed the door in place "it's Victor creels house"