23

HAWKINS BLEEDING! CHAPTER TWENTY THREE:
DAY OF THE DEAD

Steve had graduated, and was now working at an ice cream shop inside the new star court mall— becuase of her father. Stephanie was ok the counter waiting for her friends to arrive in the back room, they were going to see 'Day Of The Dead' at the movies tonight— but they weren't paying, Steve helped them sneak in through the back halls. That was one of the perks to Steve's job. Stephenie was playing with a yo-yo Steve found and stopped to look at her watch— well, Steve's watch she had 'borrowed' but he didn't seem to care. "they're late" Stephenie groaned

"Steph, Calm down. They'll get here" Steve said in a calming voice.

until she heard the bell ring she jumped off the counter and onto her feet.

"Speaking of them" Steve said pointing out to the front

"Hey dingus your children are here" Robin yelled from the front. Steve opened the window in between the back and the front and Stephenie smiled at the four teenagers in front of them.

"Again? Seriously?" Steve asked in an annoyed tone. Mike only tapped the bell again. they walked into the back room Stephenie hugged Will and he slung his arm around Stephenie.

"You're late" she said the them

"Yeah Because Mike couldn't stop kissing Eleven" Lucas told her, turning around making kissy faces at Mike

"Shut up Lucas!" Mike defended and Stephenie laughed at him

"Hey, If anyone hears about this—"

"We're dead!" They all said at the same time

When they made it to the movie there were 5 extra seats, 2 lower and 3 up higher. Will, Stephanie and Mike sat in the row above Max and Lucas. The movie started and everyone got the snacks they snuck in. Will handed Stephenie a pack of Oreos and a Jolt Cola, those were her favorite.

"Thanks" she said kissing Wills cheek

"Your welcome" Will replied, smiling at her as a women showed up on the screen, in a white room. after a minute of the movie all the sudden the it cuts out into black.

"What" Everyone groaned. This was weird.

"Come on!" The movie turned back on and everyone cheered.

Stephenie looked over at Will, who was touching the back of his neck. Then she felt herself go light headed, like she was about to faint for a few seconds— until someone's hand touched her arm.

"Are you guys okay?" Mike asked, leaning towards so he could see Will as well

"Yeah" Stephenie nodded

"You sure?" Mike asked again

"Of course" Will reassured

"Okay" Mike said, turning back to the movie sliding. Stephenie slid her Hand into Wills.

She didn't know what just happened, but she shook it off. she got light headed all the time, so she shook of the weird feeling and watched the movie.

The next morning Stephenie and Will were at the table eating breakfast that Joyce had made— Stephenie had slept over after the movie and last night, on the couch of course. Joyce had set boundaries for them but they weren't that bad. Jonathan came out of his room looking like he was in a rush— and slightly frazzled.

"hey hey hey" Joyce said stoping him

"Oh, no I'll eat at work, I'm late"

"Nice lipstick, Jonathan" Stephenie commented, smirking with a mouthful of pancakes

"Your cheek" Joyce said wiping who Stephenie could only assume was Nancy's lipstick away— because they were dating.

"Be quiet Steph" Jonathan rolled his eyes "all right, all right. I gotta run, see ya" Jonathan pushed Joyce's hands away from his face before running out the front door.

"All right" Joyce walked back to her seat at the table across from Stephenie.

"Ugh gross" Will groaned

"You don't think it's gross when you and Stephenie kiss"

"Stephenies different" Will said making Stephenie blush

"I'm sure she is." Joyce smiled before her eyes trailed behind Stephenie to the fridge "Hey, what happened here?" Joyce said walking over to the fridge where magnets had fell onto the ground.

Will and Stephenie just kept eating. They were surprising Dustin today, he was coming back from science camp. Stephenie couldn't lie when she said she had missed him.