57

HAWKINS BLEEDING! CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN:
FOUR CHIMES

She looked in front of her to see Vecna carrying Max. Unconscious. The vines did the same with Max as El and Stephenie.

"Papa is dead!" El yelled "I know what he did to you. You were different. Like me." She said "and he hurt you. He made you into this." El said as he walked towards her

"He is the monster Henry" Stephenie yelled "not you"

"Your right" Vecna said as he stepped closely to El "you and I, we are different. Stephenie is different. And Papa did hurt me. But he was no monster. He was just a man. An ordinary, mediocre Man. That is why he sought greatness in others. In you. And me. But I'm the end, he could not control us. He could not change us. Do you not see Eleven? He did not make me into this. You did"

Stephenie boiled, as Vecna talked to Eleven. She felt herself get light headed before seeing stuff. Things that were happening...

Lucas getting punched by Jason

Eddie being grabbed by the throat by a demo bat

Dustin calling out for Eddie

Hopper being taken down by a demogorgan

"Stop!" Stephenie cried out, a tear falling from her eye

Eddie being pinned down by demo bats as they began to bite his stomach.

Steve, Robin and Nancy with their necks wrapped in vines.

Erica Calling for Lucas, as he was being chocked by Jason

Stephenie watched as vecna walked towards max and a Vine was wrapped around her neck.

"Max!" She screamed "Max I'm sorry!"

Vecna lifted his hand to Max's face as her eyes rolled back. Stephenie shook herself.

"Stephenie! You have to let go!" El called out to her

"Let go of max?" Stephenie asked "no way!"

"Stephenie go!" El yelled as Stephenie cried as she felt herself letting go but she wanted to hold on. She felt her vision go darker.

Stephenie fell to the ground of the creel house. She let out a cry as she landed on her arm. She looked up at Max who was floating. She went to grab the tapes but both of them were smashed. She looked over to Lucas and Jason and ran to them. She punched Jason on the side of the head and pushed his head throw the window letting Lucas go through. Lucas began to punch Jason until he passed out.

"Lucas what are we supposed to do?" Stephenie asked in panic

"I don't know Stephenie, why aren't you with her?"

"He pushed me out" Stephenie said before turning ti look up at max before the worst thing Stephenie had ever seen started to happen.

Max's bones began to crack.

"Max!" Lucas and Stephenie screamed

A few moments later, just as Max was about to have her jaw pop, she fell from the ground and Stephenie rushed to catch the girl lowering her down to the ground. Lucas quickly came to help.

"Max" Stephenie held the girls head as she laid in Lucas's lap tears beginning to fall "max please"

"Lucas!" Erica came up the stairs and saw the teens on the ground

"We need a doctor! Call and ambulance!" Lucas ordered his sister

"Hurray!" Stephenie cried

"Lucas? Stephenie?" Max said, gasping rapidly

"Yes we're here Max" Lucas told her

"I... I can't feel or... see anything" she told them

"I know it's— it's okay we're gonna get you some help, just hold on" Lucas attempted to calm the girl down and Stephenie held onto the girl. This was Stephenies fault. She didn't do enough to save max.

"Im scared... I'm so scared" Max struggled to speak

"I know, I know"

"I don't Wanna die, im not ready" she said

"Max your not gonna die okay? We're— we're gonna get you help"

Stephenie slowly noticed Max start to go unresponsive. Stephenie gasped as she let out more cries. her attention was quickly redirection by the hole coming through the floor and Lucas grabbed onto both girls as he held them closely. Stephenie felt a strange feeling in her stomach as the gates opened and all at once she felt her ears pop.

"This is not the end, Stephenie" Vecnas voice chimmed in her head "not for us"

When the ambulance arrived at the creel house, and so did the 3 older teems who went to the upside down. Stephenie immediately found Steve and slowly walked towards him as he ran to her. He hugged her tightly making her wince loudly at the paid in her arm. Stephenie fel to the ground as Steve lowered with her and she began sobbing in his arms.

"It's all my fault Steve. It's all my fault" she cried "I wasn't strong enough to save her."

"No you did everything. Everything" Steve told her "you put your life on the line to save her."

"It wasn't enough" Stephenie shook her head "he's getting stronger, I can feel it. He won't stop" Stephenie sobbed

2 DAYS LATER

Stephenie had been to the hospital to have her arm wrapped up. She was helping the others with the donations. The school was collecting used stuff for people impacted by the earth quake.

"Did somebody order pizza?" Mrs Wheeler and the group looked around

"Pizza?" They asked and Stephenie turned her head to see the all familiar van of Argyles. She smiled at the van as it pulled up. The hall got out as the group looked at them.

They all rushed to each other. Stephenie and Dustin we're met with Will and El and the group hugged.

"Where's Lucas?"

"He's at the hospital"

"Is he hurt?"

"No he's... he's"

"They don't know" Stephenie said

After going to see Max in the hospital, the group went over to Hoppers Cabin. It was a complete mess. They hadn't been there since El collected some of her things but it was a disaster.

Stephenie helped El clean up her room, in silence. The two girls felt a huge burden of the state of the world. Max's state. Everything.

Stephenie left the room after ten minutes of cleaning to get some air before she saw a government car pull up. She watched as a lady got out of the car and than our walked Joyce and Hopper. She smiled widely as she rushed towards them. She jumped at Hopper as he chuckled and she hugged him tightly.

"Looking rough eh Cheif?" She joked as he laughed

"Yeah yeah" Hopper messed up Stephenies hair as he let her down she walked to Joyce. Stephenie hugged Joyce tightly.

"You had us worried sick hunny. We thought you ran off for no reason" Joyce said

"I know. I'm sorry" Stephenie said and as El came out she went to stand with Will. After a few minutes she felt the air go cold. She turned to see Will with his hand on the back of his neck.

Stephenie looked up at the air. White flakes. The upside down was turning into Hawkins.

"Follow Me" Stephenie stated, before beginning to walk through the forest, no hesitation in her step. The group followed and they came to an opening. The group stood on the hill looking upwards at the storm ubove downtown hawkims. El and Stephenie went forwards, holding hands as the full, colourful flowers stopped to see them whitrerong.

This was only, the beginning.