1

HAWKINS BLEEDING! CHAPTER ONE:
WELCOME TO THE AV CLUB

Stephenie Harrington walked into class late for the third time that week, interrupting the lesson Mr Clarke was in the middle of when she swung the door open getting everyone's attention on her. When she looked around the class slightly everyone looked down at their books— so she went straight to her desk, passing Will Byers, Mike Wheeler, Dustin Henderson and Lucas Sinclair who all turned as she walked between them. She could feel their eyes on her but she ignored them.
"Nice of you to join us Stephenie" Mr Clarke said with a smile still plastered on his face

"Always a pleasure" She said, her voice laced with sarcasm as she plopped down in her seat. She looked over at the four boys and they immediately looked back to the front and She chuckled to herself.

When the bell rang for second period, Stephenie got up and tried to leave like everyone else.
"not so fast, Ms Harrington" Mr Clarke said just as her hand caught the doorknob and she turned around

"What" she asked

"can you stay back for a moment please?" Mr Clarke asked. Stephenie turned in annoyance, letting out a sigh.

"Yeah" she said, walking to his desk "whats up?" She question

"I just want to discuss your grades and extracurricular activities"

"What about them?"

"I think that it would be beneficial to you, if you joined a club or something, you know? Got involved in the school because it would help you get some interaction"

"What club would I join? And please don't say the basketball club I'd be with all the girls and Jennifer Paulinski can't dribble a basketball for the life of her." Stephenie complained and Mr Clarke let out a slight chuckle

"No, Stephenie you don't have to do basketball— I was thinking that... maybe you'd join the AV club, we've got some amazing technology and the boys are so welcoming. It would be good for you, you'll be learning and having fun at the same time"

Stephenie furrowed her eyebrows

"The AV Club?" She asked

"Yes, it's where we—"

"I know what it is" Stephenie interrupted him and sighed "do I have to?"

"Mr Coleman said you need to get your credits up, you need to be more active in the school environment it would really help you" Stephenie crossed her arms

"Fine. When do I start? Next week?"

"Nope, today after school. Come to the AV room it's just down the hall" Mr Clarke smiled

"Okay" Stephenie said, nodding and turning to leave

"See you then Stephenie!" Mr Clarke called happily after her as she gave him a fake smile and thumbs up, before slamming the door behind her and pushing everyone out of the way as she walked fastly down the hall, but most people just moved.

her life was just going great right about now.

After school Stephenie made her way around the halls, trying to find the AV room until she came to a door that said 'Hawkins AV'
"It'll be beneficial he said" She muttered before opening the door to see Mr Clarke and four other boys, Mike Wheeler, Will Byers, Dustin Henderson and Lucas Sinclair surrounding a table—The boys froze as if she was some sort of monster or something.

"Hello Stephenie. welcome to Hawkins AV club" Mr Clarke said and the four boys sat up in their seats slightly.

"Hey" Stephenie said taking a seat beside Will and Mike.

"Well than, let's get started shall we"

After a excruciating hour everyone was starting to leave. Stephenie assumed Steve left without her and wasn't coming to pick her up anytime soon so she got her stuff from her locker and shut it to see Mike, Will, Lucas and Dustin standing there.

"Hi" Stephenie spoke timidly at the four boys

"Hi" all four boys said at once— but completely out of sync.

"What's up?" Stephenie questioned with slight annoyance in her voice, but it didn't stop them.

"We wanted to know if you wanted to come to Mikes house to play dungeons and dragons this weekend" Dustin asked the girl and the other three boys nodded along with him.

Stephenie furrowed her eyebrows— Dungeons and dragons? What the hell is that?

"We've been planning it for a while, and Mikes mom is letting us order pizza"

"Cheese?" Stephenie asked, and Dustin nodded "I could maybe stop by" Stephenie said "anyways, I better get going"

"Your walking home?" Mike asked with concern

"Ya. Steve already left... with your sister conveniently"

"Your walking all the way past Lincoln Park?" Lucas asked

"That's a really far walk, I could give you a ride... on my bike" Mike offered

"I'm fine, it's only a 10 minute walk, I have a shortcut" Stephenie winked, looking towards a bashful Will Byers "see you around boys" she told them, turning around and leaving the boys. Will still looked at her in awe as she down the hall as the boys jumped at his side excitedly for him.

he had always been attracted
to the Harrington girl