36

HAWKINS BLEEDING! CHAPTER THIRTY SIX:
THE BATTLE OF STARCOURT

"Scoops Troop, do you copy? Billy has found us. he has disabled out car and we are trapped in the mall" Mike repeated. Stephenie stood with Will and Max as Mike tried to contact 'scoops troop'. Stephenie looked to Nancy Who was getting a gun from on of the dead Russians.

"Your going to kill him, aren't you?" Max asked

"This is just a precaution, okay?" Nancy said

"And not just against Billy. If he's knows we are here, so does the mind flayer" Will said

"Scoops troop I repeat, we are in emergency transportation" Mike said for the 100th time. Nancy's eyes went to the broken car "no chance that thing'll drive, right?"

"We don't need it to drive. We just need the ignition cable"

Everyone was pushing except El, Will and Stephenie.
"Let me try" Stephenie said stepping up

"Steph" Mike said

"I can do it" El said putting an arm in front of Stephenie. El put her arm out and tried to move the car, grunting. Stephenie went to raise her arm but she was stopped by Mike. El yelped trying to move the car.

El and Stephenie stood as everyone tried again to get the car flipped. The car finally flipped. Stephenie and El rooted through the trash to try and find a pop can for El to try her powers on. Stephenie found one and put in on the ledge. El tried to use her powers but it was interrupted by mike.

"El? Steph? Is everything okay?"

A few seconds later rumbling was heard on the roof of the mall, Stephanie didn't look up. she used her powers on a pop can, crushing it.

"Nancy!" Mike yelled making Stephenie look over than look up to see the mind flayer on top of the mall. Mike and Max ran over to grab Stephenie and Eleven dragging them across the mall. The mind flayer crashed through the ceiling.

El, Max, Mike and Stephenie hid behind a stand so the mind flayer wouldn't see them. Stephenie was in between Max and Mike holding onto them as they tried to stay quiet.

"He's turned away, if we run up the stairs now we'll make it" Mike said

"Not with Stephs leg, no" Max said motioning to Stephanie's bloody leg

"There's another way. To get out" El said "Through the gap"

"Okay, now" mike said grabbing El and Helping Stephanie, Max following behind

Stephenie hit her leg off a stand and yelled in pain. They hid behind a clothing shelf and watched as the mind flayer through a mannequin that was wearing what El was. Stephenie breathed hard, never in a million years would she think she would be in a mall about to die because of a Mind flayer. An arm was right next to Mike but then a ballon popped making the mind flayer run away. They stood up and ran, Well Stephenie limped. They went down the narrow hall and got to the elevator pressing the button but Max went back and saw Billy coming down the hall.

"Billy, Billy you don't have to do this, your Billy Hargrove, you live on 4819 Cherry lane, Billy please, I'm Max, I'm your" was all she got out before Billy slapped her out cold.

"Max!" Stephenie screamed. Mike went to fight him but Billy hit him to. Billy came for El and Stephenie attempting to use there powers But they were to late. They were both knocked out the last thing Stephenie remembered was being lifted on Billy's shoulder.

Stephenie felt herself gain consciousness again. She felt like she was up in the air and as if knives were going into her sides. She opened her eyes and her vision cleared slowly to see the Mind Flayer holding her in the air. She froze up and she couldn't do anything but widen her eyes in shock and tears streamed down her face.

"Stephenie" she heard Wills voice call out, She looked to Steve who just was starring at her in shock, his baby sister. Was she about to die right in front of him?

"Lucas, now!"

"Flay this you piece of shit" Lucas yelled throwing fireworks towards the Mind Flayer.

"Hey asshole, over here"

fireworks started to be thrown at them, Stephenie got hit by a few hissing in pain, the Mind Flayer held her though all of it. Stephenie felt herself go very lightheaded, she could barley see or hear anything around her. Exept faint voices.

"Were out!"

Stephenie turned a bit to Billy over Eleven, but she was talking. She turned back to the mind flayer and more tears came. She was going to be killed by the mind flayer. She couldn't even have a panic attack, her mind was everywhere else, What about Steve? Will? Everyone she loved.

"Put her down" she turned to see Billy standing his ground. The Mind Flayer hesitated to drop Stephenie but did it anyways, letting her fall next to El and grab her sides in pain. El and Stephanie held each other, and Stephenie put her arms in an X to protect her and El, as the mind flayer tried to attack them but it never came. Stephenie looked up to Billy stopping it.

"No!" Billy said screaming

The Mind Flayer picked up Billy and stuck his claws in his side, Stephenie covered her mouth in shock, and to mute the cries she was letting out, Billy let out one more blood curdling scream before the mind Flayer put a claw right through his stomach and dropped him to the ground. Stephenie looked at her side to see small cuts from the mind flayer holding her. Billy saved her?

"Billy!" Max screamed

The Mind Flayer crashed down to the ground.
Stephenie crawled over to Billy.

"Billy, why" she said "why'd you do that?" She whispered. Mike came over and hugged El, Max slowly approached them

"Billy, come on Billy"

"I'm sorry" Billy coughed up blood before going completely limp

"Billy, no" Max cried as Stephenie and El held her. "It's okay, it's okay" Stephenie said "it's okay, it's okay"

Stephenie sat in the ambulance with El and Mike waiting for Steve. She saw Will and Immediately started to Quicky limp over to him, he ran as fast as he could meeting her in the middle hugging her tightly, without hurting her being careful of her cuts.
"I'm so glad your okay" he said putting his hands on Stephanie's face looking into her eyes, before kissing her in the middle of the parking lot. They hugged for a few more moments when she felt Will loosen his grip, she looked where he was and saw his mom.
"Go see her" Stephanie said "I need to find Steve" she said hugging him and then walking off

she saw Steve and limped over to him as fast as she could immediately hugging him and crying. Stephenie and Steve hugged and Steve comforted her as he lowered her to the ground slowly.
"Thank god you're okay, I thought I was going to lose you" Steve said

"I know, me too" she cried. She looked over to El who was standing in the middle of the Parking lot, where was Hopper? Stephenie looked at El and saw her looking to Joyce and started crying. Then it hit her.

Hopper was gone.