37

HAWKINS BLEEDING! CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN:
MOVING DAY

Stephenie was in her room, sitting on her bed. She faced the wall of her room with her tv in front of her. She needed to get her powers back fully. She sighed, before narrowing her eyes at the black screened tv. She was going to try to turn it back on. She focused on the control on the side of the tv, trying to turn it and she felt it get closer and closer to turning but just as she was about to turn it completely it started to ring in her ear making her groan and put her arm up to use more of her power. "Come on" she muttered, her hand starting to shake slightly. She felt her self start to breathe heavier and her vision went blurry. She let out a frustrated sob as she patted her hands around her bed to feel grounded. She felt disappointed wash over her and brought her knees up to her chest. she couldn't even do something as simple as turning the TV on? She had just gotten her powers and now they were gone.

then she heard a knock at her window, startling her a little bit but when she saw the familiar silhouette and stood up questioningly. He hadn't told her he was coming over? She unlocked the window and opened it, revealing Will Byers. Immediately his face turned concerned.

"Hey" she said "what?" She asked, pulling him though

"What's wrong?" he asked and Stephenie touched her face, to feel tears. She hadn't even realized she was crying.

"Oh—uh it's nothing" Stephenie stated, walking away but Will gently placed his hand on her shoulder.

"You know I know you better than that" he said and Stephenie sighed. "We're you trying to use your powers?" He asked and Stephenie turned

"Maybe" she pursed her lips slightly

"Stephenie it's fine you don't have your powers. Your perfect without them." Stephenie smiled up at Will, placing her hand on his cheek and kissing him softly.

"Thanks Will"

Stephenie and Will hung out on Stephenies bed, while Madonna played on her radio, and watching 'The Brady Bunch' on her TV. Will was also showing her how to play dungeons and dragons, after so long of her just watching.

"Stephenie"

"Yeah Will?"

"I need to tell you something"

"What is it?" Stephenie said sitting up

"Don't get mad" he said

"Of course not, you can tell me" she said holding his hand

"I-I'm moving in a couple months" he said

"Oh" Stephenie didn't know what to say

"After this whole thing my mom said we need a fresh start" he said, making Stephenie look down.

"Hey" Will said putting a hand on Stephenies cheek "we still have time"

"I know" Stephenie said "I just don't want you to find another girl and forget about—" Stephenie said before getting cut off by Will pressing his lips into hers. Stephenie pulled away.

"you did that to shut me up, didn't you" Stephenie said, Will smirked. Stephanie leaned in and they started to kiss. Steve knew not to come in— or her parents that were home for the weekend didn't.

Stephenie and Will stopped and got into bed. She snuggled in close to Will. Stephenie didn't want to let go of Will, she felt so safe with him. Something she hadn't felt in a while.

3 MONTHS LATER

Stephanie went over to the Byers house. They were officially moving today, with El. Stephenie was in the living room with Max, Lucas and Dustin packing up boxes, on Dustins side of the room