56

HAWKINS BLEEDING! CHAPTER FIFTY SIX:
PIGGY BACKING

Stephenie had found her place upstairs, along with Max and Lucas. Both girls took off their headphones before sitting down with Stephenie at Max's right side "I thought about what you said. About how I wanted my brother to die. I thought you said it to try and upset me. To anger me. But you weren't were you? You were just telling the truth" max said "Billy, he made my life a living hell. Every chance he got. So, sometimes when I would lie in bed I would... I would pray...that something awful would happen to him. Something awful. And I knew he would drive to fast so I would imagine him, crashing. Dying in thag stupid car. I just... I wanted him out of my life. Forever. I wanted him to disappear."

Stephenie felt herself start to zone out. It's like it was taking her into a different world. She briefly heard Max taking and than she felt his presence. and than everything went dark.

Stephenie woke up to the sound of music playing. She laid on a cold floor and opened her eyes to see a familiar red haired girl above her.

"Holy shit" she said before jumping at the girl "I can't believe we just did that— than you just did that"

"Yeah. I just thought of a happy memory." Stephenie looked around to see the surroundings of the snow ball 2 years ago. She smiled and looked back to the girl.

"Your awesome Max" Stephenie smiled

Stephenie and Max sat at one of the tables together, hoping to just pass time. Than suddenly, one of the balloons popped behind them making the two girls jump up and walk backwards. The balloon behind Stephenie popped and she turned, the girls facing either way. One by one the balloons stating popping.  Then backed up to the record, and the song slowly warped into another song. Dream a little dream of me. Slowly their surrounding started to shrivel up and white flakes began to fall. A bright red light made Stephenie jump and she looked out the windows on the gym to see the storm.

Quickly, Max and Stephenie began to stack anyhting they could find at the doors both going back and forth. Than, when Max turned as Stephenie came back she gasped looking at the door. Stephenie turned to see the door of the creek house as it started to creek open.

"Oh hell no" Stephenie muttered

"You can't hide from me, Max" Vecnas voice said "Stephenie. What are you doing here?"

"Normal Teenage stuff" Stephenie said as she backed up toward Max "happy memories Max" she muttered holding onto the girls hand.

"You think I don't see what your doing?" He asked "you think I don't see everything?"

Suddenly Stephenie saw many things

A gun being held up to Lucas

Dustin yelling in the upside down

A demogorgam

"You thought you and your friends could stop me?"

Steve being wrapped in the vines of the upside down

"No!" Stephenie yelled "Stop!"

Stephenie and Max turned around looking anywhere but the door, but when then turned back Vecna stood right behind them

"It's time" he said before pushing Stephenie towards one of the walls and Max backwards. Stephenie landed on the floor hearing Max's screams of pain.

"Max!" She yelled before feeling a hand on her shoulder. She turned quickly to see El and she grabbed onto her tightly.

"Holy shit. Your real." Stephenie muttered "come on we have to do something we need to get him away from Max"

"How did you do this?" El asked

"Not the time, let's go" Stephenie grabbed Els arm as they ran behind vecna, both putting their arms up using their powers at the same time to Pull Vecna away from Max. El turned Vecna to face them. He looked down at them.

"You" he scowelled

"Hi" El breathed out before quickly moving her arm to throw Vecna towards the oppisite wall he threw Stephenie too.

The two girls ran towards Max as she got herself up and went on either side of her.

"Max are you okay?" El asked

"Huh?" Max asked as she looked confused

"Are you okay?" She asked again

"Yeah" Max panted as she moved her hand to Els head "are you... are you real?" Max questioned "did I.. did I make you?" Max went on and El grabbed Max's hand

"I'm real"

"How?"

"I piggybacked from a pizza dough freezer" El stated

"What?" Max asked before a loud rustling noise came from where Vecna had been thrown. The girls turned, and walked through the streamers to see vecna slowly crawling out.

"Stay back" El told this two girls as she walked forwards to Vecna. They watched as the two talked, hearing faint conversation before peices of wood began to float upwards. And for a moment they stayed, before flaying forwards at El who moved her arm to make them fly to the side and into the wall, and than El flew backwards and landed on the staged area. She only was there for a moment before being flung towards the tables.

Stephenie didn't waste a second before running towards Vecna. She flung her arm out and for a moment she was able to get ahold of him before he simply flung his arm out to send her backwards once more.

Stephenies vision went slightly blurry before she pushed herself off the ground and attempted to walk towards El who she saw was stopped by Vecna. She began to raise stiffly and go towards him. Stephenie ran out before she was quickly taken under his grasp and lifted into the air as El was. He brought her closer like he was with El.

"I want you to watch" he said before throwing them backwards into a portal type thing. Stephenie landed not far from El, before vines began to wrap around her arms and legs, dragging her towards a wall across from El. Stephenie struggled against the vines.