47

HAWKINS BLEEDING! CHAPTER FOURTY SEVEN:
KATE BUSH SAVES THE DAY

Steve shortly arrived at Max's trailer, and pulled up to stop right in front of it. Steve parked and turned to Max. "This better be fast, Mayfield." He told her as she unbuckled, and she nodded.

"Twenty seconds" she replied before getting out and slamming the door. Steve sighed, before turning to Dustin who held his Walkie "That thing's got batteries in it, right?" He asked

"I'm not even answering that question" Dustin stated plainly "Yes, it has batteries" Dustin told Steve after a moment

"Yeah, I got it."

"Jesus you two argue like children" Stephenie muttered, sitting back in her seat. The ride was quite awkward being as though she was next to Lucas. She hadn't spoken to him since what he said 3 days ago before she left for California. He could tell she wasn't going to budge. After about twenty seconds Stephenie got out of the car.

"Woah woah, where are you going?" Steve asked

"To check on Max" Stephenie told him before walking into the house. She walked around slightly, noticing the notes before she felt her blood run cold. Than she heard it.

the four chimes of the grandfather clock.

Stephenie turned around slowly, turning to see everything as it was in the upside down. She let out a breath before going towards the window and looking outside to see Max standing with Vecna. He was hugging her and she was struggling against him. Stephenie quickly ran outside and raced to stand 4 metres away from the two.

"Hey!" She yelled making Vecna let go of Max and Stephenie quickly through her arm out, screaming as Vecna was sent backwards very quickly. Stephenie ran to Max and caught her as she fell to the ground. Stephenie realized they were back to the regular hawkims.

"Max are you okay?" Stephenie asked and Max nodded before lifting her hand to Stephenies nose and wiped the blood.

"Did you... just... how? How did you do that?"

"I don't know, but we have to go" Stephenie told her, helping her up and they walked to the car.

They turned the corner of the house and Steve, Lucas and Dustin were all outside of the car.

"Hey, that was a lot longer than 20 seconds" Steve said

"Steve shut up" Stephenie muttered

"Hey, Woah woah. You all right?" He asked, noticing both girls on edge and the redness from Stephenies nose

"Everything's fine" Stephenie said, filing into the car and Max getting on beside her "Just drive"

"Did something happen?"

"Can we please just go?" Max asked before Steve slammed on the gas and reversed the car, speeding out of the trailer park.

Stephenie sighed as Steve turned into the Roane Hill Cemetery. Stephenie watched as Max got out of the car and Lucas quickly raced after her. Lucas stopped Max in her tracks towards Billy's grave and they spoke for a minute. Lucas came back to the car when Max walked away towards the gravestone and stopped in front of one.

Stephenie slowly got out of the car and sat on the hood watching Max subtly. She'd look over every couple seconds. She had a notepad and pen trying to remember what she exactly saw in her vision. Maybe that could give them some direction on what might happen.