52

HAWKINS BLEEDING! CHAPTER FIFTY TWO:
THE UPSIDE DOWN

Stephenie knelt down between Eddie and Nancy as they were under Skull Rock in the upside down. They were hiding form the bats that were passing by in the sky. Once they were gone they stepped out.

"That was close"

"No kidding" Stephenie got up and followed Eddie and than Steve tried to get up, and he fell into the wall.

"Steve? Jesus" Nancy rushed toward the boy

"I'm fine... I'm fine" Steve breathed heavily

"No your not, your losing blood" Stephenie added, going toward him and helping Nancy help Steve sit down. She looked at the gash on his side looking very similar to the one Stephenie had last summer.

Nancy ripped a piece of her sweater, as Robin knelt down in front of Steve "so the good news is I'm pretty sure wooziness is not a symptom of rabies" Robin todl him "but if you start having hallucinations or muscle spasms or you start feeling really aggressive, like you wanna punch me or somethint let me know"

"Robin"

"Yeah?"

"I kinda wanna punch you" Steve groaned

"Sense of jumped still intact. That's a good sign"

Nancy wrapped Steve abdomen with the part of her shirt and Stephenie walked over to Eddie and h to why stood for a moment before Eddie went to climb onto skull rock to see the sky.

"So uh. This place is like Hawkins, but with monsters and nasty shit?"

"Pretty much" Stephenie nodded before Eddie went to step but almost landed on the vines "watch out for the vines. It's all a hive mind" Stephenie told him

"What?"

"All the creepy crawlers around here, dude. They're like one or something. You step on a vine you step on a bat your stepping on vecna"

"Shit" Eddie said before continuing to walk carefully

"But everything from our world is still here, right? Except people?"

"As far as I understand, yeah" Nancy replied

"So theoretically we could go to the police station and steal guns and grenades and whatever we need to blow up those bat things that are guarding the gate"

"Yeah I highly doubt the Hawkins PD has grenades Robin" Steve said "but guns yeah sure"

"We'll we don't have to go all the way downtown for guns. In my bedroom"

"You" Eddie spoke "Nancy Wheeler... have guns, plural? In your bedroom?"

"Full of surprises isn't she?" Robin stated

"A Russian Makarov and a revolver"

"Yeah, you almost shot me with that one" Steve stepped forwards to stand with Nancy and she looked over with a smile on her face

"You almost deserved it" Nancy said before Eddie took off his denim jacket to throw it at Steve.

"For your modesty dude" he said before a loud rumbling caused the ground to shake, like an earthquake that sent Stephenie flying backwards into Steve and Nancy who immediately held on tightly to her. It lasted a minute before it stopped and Stephenie let out a breath.

"I'd say guns are a pretty good idea"

"Yeah me too"

"So what are we waitin for?" Steve asked before walking through the forest and everyone else followed.

Stephenie walked between the group. She was in front of Steve and Eddie just keeping to herself. She was playing with her Walkman that had stayed with her when she went underwater. It was a very ridged play. It slipped every few seconds and almsot cut out. She sighed before anti she rumble of the ground came. She fell to the ground quickly as the ground shook for another minute. When it stopped she stood up and saw Nancy go towards something. She followed her quickly. The group arrived at the wheelers house and went inside. Stephenie looked around at the exact replica of the wheelers house in the upside down. Steve and Stephenie were last to go up the stairs but Steve stopped, pausing Stephenie as well.

"What are you doing?" Stephenie asked before Steve shushed her, making her roll her eyes but than she heard talking. Faint talking... dusitn.

"You hear that too?" Stephenie asked

"Henderson" Steve muttered before running down the stairs with Stephenie following. They could hear Dustin talking near the table area. Stephenie looked around, what could they do to make the others know they are here?

"Dustin?" Steve yelled "Dustin?" Steve repeated over and over getting the other threes attention as they ran down the stairs to them.

"Steve what are you doing?" Nancy asked

"He's here. Henderson that little shit head he's here. He's like...he's in the walls or something" Steve explained to the group "right Stephenie you heard it to right?"

"Surprisingly he's not going crazy" Stephenie agreed

"Just listen" Steve told them and they all heard him talking. They all walked around the room calling out his name for a few times.

"Okay either this kid can't hear us or he's being a total douchebag" Steve said

"Will found a way" Nancy todl them

"What?"

"Will, he found a way to speak to Joyce through the lights" Nancy explained as she rushed into the other rooms and Stephenie followed. She tried to turn on the lamp but it didn't work, than she tired to switch and Stephenie noticed a sparkle near the lights.

"Guys" She said "you seeing this?" She asked as the lights slowly turned on. They walked towards the light and Nancy reached her arm up at it. All five of them reached one of their hands up at three light making it glow much lighter.

"It tickles" Steve stated

"It kinda feels good"

"Does anyone know Morse code?" Nancy asked

"No" Steve, Robin and Stephenie spoke in sync

"Wait does SOS count?" Eddie asked "is that... is that good?"