36. Dinner Invite

You and Scott sit at the park until around 6:30. The amount of flowers growing around you seem to have at least doubled. You spent the rest of your time just talking about little things. Little memories you had before you had met eachother. He told you about how Zoe and Cal started school. You let him do most of the talking, seeing as he had plenty more fond memories to share than you did. He didn't mind at all though, he loves talking about his friends and family, and you loved listening. Honestly, he could be talking about how everyone's butt smells, and you'd still be happy to listen to him. Once 6:30 hit though, you both got in his car and made your way to his house to pick up the Wolfpack. Along the way, you couldn't help but think about your powers. Not even half a year ago, you didn't even know about these powers. Now, you have a loving werewolf himbo boyfriend who believes in your ability to use these powers to your advantage. You've noticed you can manipulate fire, cold, and now flowers, and you seem to be able to make earthquakes or something. You really owe it to Scott for spending this time with you and helping you with this experience. However, now that you think about it, you still haven't figured out why he was up so early in the first place. You decide to just go for it and ask. "Hey.. Scott?" "Yeah?" "How come you were up so early today?" "Well.. Why were you?" "I asked you first." He slowly inhaled and exhaled. "I was taking care of Mawmaw. She's been hurting lately, so I was up all night helping her with things. You texted me soon after she had fallen asleep, so I thought it'd be nice to talk to you to make me happy. Then you said we could hang out, and then we did. Now how bout you?" "You stare at your hands, twiddling your thumbs, trying to put your thoughts into words. "I had a hard time sleeping last night, my mind was just full of thoughts and feelings. I ended up waking up really early and seeing your text from last night and replied to it. I figured that talking to you would make me happy." He pulls into his driveway, asking, "Did it?" You chuckle, "Of course." Once he parks, he leans over, wrapping both of his arms around you. "Good!" He rubs your faces together. You both look at eachother and he pecks you on the lips. He says, "I'll be right back." He enters his house and within minutes, each member of the Wolfpack come out chasing eachother. They each pile into the car, giving you suspicious glances, but not saying anything. Scott comes back out, making his way to the car. You seem him rub both of his eyes, and you notice for the first time the dark circles around his eyes. He really did stay up all night. He opens the car door and immediately puts a smile back on his face. He starts the car, and goes to school.

Once you arrive, you feel your stomach churn. It's been days since you've been around so many people, and you aren't exactly ready for it. Everyone gets out of the car, and the Wolfpack dashes inside. Scott stays behind with you, and you walk inside together. You walk over to Zoe and Oz, who are talking about the ever-so-popular Dragon Heat books. You give your opinion on your favorite character, Harold McDonghard, when you look to the other side of the hallway. You see Damien talking to Amira and Brian. You put your arm around Scott's, take step closer to him, and keep looking. You completely forgot about him at first, but now that you see him, you're scared again. He's been suspended for the past two weeks, and he even had to miss the football game and Polly's party, which he'll surely blame you for. After a few minutes, he sees you. You turn back to Oz and Zoe, pretending that you weren't staring at all. Once you feel like it's safe, you look back again, and he's back to talking to Amira and Brian. All of a sudden, you blurt out, "Has Damien said anything about me?" Scott, Zoe and Oz look at you, shocked by the sudden question. Zoe says, "Um.. No? It's his first day back." "I thought he came back last Friday.." They each shake their head 'no'. Scott puts his arm around you, saying, "Don't worry, I'll protect you." You hear a loud 'aww' from Zoe.

The day passes on like normal, and Damien barely even pays attention to you. You're able to skip gym for awhile, given your injuries, which gives you ample time to catch up on missing assignments, and gawk at your werewolf hottie. The days continue like this, and before you know it, a whole, uneventful week goes by. Not uneventful as in nothing happens, there's still the daily parties, sex scandals, and threats to the universe no one seems to care about. Uneventful as in nothing new happens. Until about a week later.

You finished most of your makeup work, and started to regain some confidence, seeing that Damien hasn't even paid any attention to you. You seem to be asking your friends all the time if he ever says anything about you, but he hasn't. You've noticed him staring at you a few times though. He stares with both anger and hesitation before turning back to whatever he's doing. It makes you nervous every time, but you try to ignore it. One day at lunch though, as you were sitting with Scott and Scott alone, when he said he needed to use the restroom. He gets up and leaves, and you are stuck alone. Almost immediately, Damien gets up from his table, and makes his way towards you, with a stern face. You feel yourself physically tense up in fear, and as you look around, you don't see any of your friends. Of course it's this time that they won't be here. He gets up to you, and says, "Listen fucker. I still hate you, and I still think you need to get the fuck outta here, but my dads are forcing me to invite you over for dinner so we can 'get along'. So you are going to come over on Friday, no questions asked. And if you refuse, I swear I will do something to you that will get me expelled. Got it?" You just fearfully nod your head, afraid that if you say something, you might upset him more. "Good." He grabs your lunch, and pushes it off the table, causing all of your food to fall on the floor. Not that you minded anyway, you just lost your appetite. You cross your arms and put your head down, trying to think of anything else. After a minute, you feel an arm surround you. You look over, and Scott lightly smiles at you. He pats your head lightly, and you smile back. He puts his arm back around you as you put your head back down and take a short nap. Once lunch is over, Scott wakes you up, and you head to gym together.

"He what?!" Vicky said, after telling her what Damien said. Brian and Scott looked at you worriedly as well, both of them half naked, changing for gym. You tell them, "Yeah, I guess his dads say they want me to come over for dinner so Damien can be nice to me. I obviously told him yes, but what if this is some elaborate prank?" Brian says, "Here, lemme ask them." Brian takes out his phone and sends a text message. He puts it down, and continues to get dressed. Vicky asks, "Uh.. Who did you text?" "Hm? Oh. Stan." You all look at eachother. Once again, Vicky says, "Who's Stan?" "One of Damien's dads." "You met them? Where? When?" "Yeah. At Damien's place. A few months ago." Vicky looks dumbfounded. "You've seen his place before?!" Brian snickers, "Vicky, I've seen more than just his place." He smiles and adjusts his junk. She squeals with excitement. You look between the two of them and ask, "Did you two.." You make a sexual gesture with your hands. Brian nods. You feel yourself turn red. Damien may be a jerk, but Brian and Damien together? "Hot." The three of them start laughing. Throughout the whole period, you all continue to pry into Brian's sex life, learning things like his turn-ons, or that Damien is a total bottom. Once gym ends, and everyone's changing again, Brian looks at his phone. "Yup. It's legit. They really want you over. Do you want me to come too? Just in case?" You nod your head silently. He sends another message. "Alright. Everything's good. I guess I'll see you Friday." You smile and thank Brian for the assistance. He nods to you, and you and Scott make it to Science. Everyday for the rest of the week, Scott gives you pep talks to get ready for Friday.