93. Best Friends in the World

Scott takes a left onto your street and immediately pulls over. He puts his car in park. He turns to you again, "Thank you so much for yesterday. It was so nice to spend time with you again.. I'm sorry that I haven't been around lately, I promise I'll be back to school tomorrow, and everything will be back to normal, okay?" You smile, "It's okay. It was a really great day. I'm so lucky to have you." He gently caresses your face with his thumb, and leans in to give you a kiss on the nose. "I'm really glad you liked it, even though we just drove around and played video games and slept all day," he laughs. "Of course, that's the best way to spend any day, no matter who you're with." You lean up and kiss him. He kisses back, a bit more rough this time. The tender kiss ends up turning into more of a make-out session. Scott slips his hand down and gropes you. You reach down and do the same, but your time together is cut short by a tap at the window by the crocodile lady that lives down the street from you. Scott quickly puts the car back in drive and drives down the street, stopping in front of your house. With one more goodbye, he tells you that he'll see you at school tomorrow. You tell him the same and walk inside.

When you walk inside, your mom is just sitting on the couch, reading a magazine. She merely asks, "How was hanging out with your friend?" "Good," you reply. She nods her head and the conversation ends there. You spend the rest of the day cooped up in your room, doing miscellaneous things, just waiting for the next day to arrive.

The next day, you wake up and get ready, and walk down the way to school. Once you arrive, you see Scott standing by the front door, his arms wrapped around himself, and his teeth chattering. It's still early in the morning, so it's pretty cold. You walk up to him and say, "Good morning." He looks down at you and smiles, pulling you in for an embrace, "Good morning!" "Why aren't you inside?" "I wanted to wait for you!" You smile at Scott's sweetness. The two of you walk inside, holding hands. Once you get inside, you hear a squeal. The squeal came from Polly, who was now running towards the two of you at a very fast pace. She jumps in his arms, and Scott quickly grabs her and holds her in his arms, spinning her around. After a moment, he stops and looks her in the eyes, smiling. "Why are we doing this?" Polly gets down, "Because, dummy, I've missed you! And you missed the greatest prank! I had to do it with Vicky!" "Vicky finally catches up, having walked at a much slower pace. She smiles kind of awkwardly. Scott's eyes widen, he smiles wider, and his tail wags faster. "Aww, what? Well what was it?" Polly holds back her laughter, "You know that one teacher that Damien and I have that teaches the Economics Class?" He nods as she continues, "Well, I possessed her like multiple times throughout the week, and made her get mad at Damien for his booby traps that he sets up all the time, and then, as her, I gave hit him and I both a bunch of detentions! I added myself in there just to make it more believable! So then, one day him, and me, and Vicky are just hanging out at lunch, and I have Vicky casually suggest that he go over to the teacher's house, and just like destroy it! It was really the funniest thing! He said how great of an idea it was, and so he went out and made plans for it! He even said he would get somebody to help! I feel bad for whoever that was!" You and Scott stare blankly at Polly, your mouths slightly agape. "It was me," you say. Polly and Vicky look at you. Polly still smiles, but Vicky looks scared. She asks, "What?" "Yeah, he knocked on my window in the middle of the night and told me to help him with something. And it was that." Polly holds back a laugh while Vicky grabs your shoulders, "Well did you get in trouble? What happened?" You smirk, "Well, I almost did, but then Damien helped me out with something big."

Later at lunch, you're sitting with Oz, Zoe, Amira, and Scott, retelling the story that you told Vicky and Polly this morning about how Damien helped you stand up to your mother, and you are now allowed out of the house more than once a week, and how great and liberating it feels. Amira says, "Damn (Y/N). See? I told you he'd come around." "Yeah, I guess you were right. I just never really expected it to happen." "It's okay, I'm a lot smarter than I look!" She winks. "Yeah, I guess you are." Zoe asks Scott, "So, how is Mawmaw doing?" Scott says, "She's fine." Zoe nods, "I'm worried about her. I mean, she was there for me when I was adapting into becoming a student." You look at Zoe with a face of intrigue. "She did?" "Yeah, after I started attending here Scott took me to his house and introduced me to Mawmaw. Apparently she was some kind of an outcast in school as well, and so she gave me advice on how to deal with it and make new friends! And now I have all you guys!" She smiles. Oz says, "Yeah, the first time I met her, she was super nice and she baked these cookies. They were so good, these guys loved them, didn't you?" He pets one of the heads on his shoulder, who nods happily. Amira says, "Yeah, when I first met her, she asked if I was able to roast marshmallows with my hair. That night, we had s'mores in the middle of winter! It was lit!" She winks again and everybody chuckles at her joke. You say, "I had no idea that you all knew her so well." Amira adds, "Well, we're not the only ones. Just about every person Scott brings home some great connection with her. Like Mawmaw was the first person that Vera ever lost a game of chess to. She taught Polly all the best ways to fake being sober. She even makes Liam happy by disliking all of his posts on Instagram, so that everything that he post will never become popular." Zoe says, "Yeah, and haven't you ever noticed that we all call her Mawmaw too? We're all part of the family! Anyone who becomes a friend of Scott's, just end up getting a kick-ass new Grandma too! It's like we're in a cult or something! I totally understand why I'm always being followed by my cultists!" She turns around and happily waves at a nearby cultist observing her. You smile and lift up your bottle of water, "Well then, here is to Mawmaw. May her get better soon so that we all can help her and return the favor!" Everyone else raises their drinks and clinks them together in the middle. Scott smiles with tears in his eyes, "You guys are the best friends I could ever ask for." He brings everybody in for a group hug, smiling. He remains happily teary eyed for the rest of lunch.