117. Bittersweet Memories

As you continue to mess with eachother, Scott begins poking your sides, which tickles you. You laugh and try your best to swat his hands away, but to no avail. After this goes on for awhile, you struggle to breath from laughing so much. You're eventually able to overpower him, pinning him against the table. Scott grins and looks at you with a blushing face. He reaches up to caress your cheeks, saying, "You're so strong now.." You smile back and wrap your arms around him, and you snuggle into his chest, feeling his relaxed heartbeat.

You look down at the box he was carrying. You ask, "What'cha got in there?" He replies, "Hmm.. I dunno.. What'cha got in there?" He points at your bag. You chuckle, "Well.. I wanted to get you a little something. Since you've been sad lately, and since you're such a good boy." His tail starts to wag and his eyes sparkle. "Really?" You reach over and grab the bag, handing it to him. You both sit back up as he scrambles to open it. He gets the packaging out, and looks at it. He reads, "N-Noise... Can.. Canceling.. Headphones!" He pauses for a minute, then asks, "What does that mean?" You smile, "Well.. You know how you have issues with thunder? And fireworks?" He slowly and cautiously nods his head. You reach up to caress his face again. You continue, "Well.. With these.. You can deal with it. When it storms outside, you put these on and play something with it, and you won't hear it." He looks at the packaging as if he's lost. He looks back up at you, and you're suddenly surrounded by his big arms. He holds you tightly for a while. When he pulls away, you see tears in the corners of his eyes. He wipes them away and says, "Thank you, (Y/N). I'll use them all the time.." You smile, "I'm glad.."

Your eyes wander back over to the box he brought from his house. "So.. What's in there?" He looks back at it. "Oh.. I don't know, actually. Archie gave it to me right before I left. He said it was for me, too." He reaches over and grabs the box. He stares at it in his hands, clearly hesitating. You ask, "Is something wrong?" He looks back up at you nervously. "I-I.. Don't know.. I'm kinda scared to open it.. I don't know why though.." He hands the box to you and adds, "I'm sorry, but.. Will you open it for me?" You take the box in your hands and look at it for a second. You begin slowly lifting the lid, doing so at an angle so that only you could see inside. You see some pale blue fabric, a jersey for some sport, and a football. You reach in and immediately grab the fabric, which feels incredibly soft in your hand. You flip the box open all the way, exposing the contents to Scott. His jaw drops as he looks inside. He practically rips the box out of your hands, and gets a close look. He stutters, "I.. I-I.." It's like the words can't form in his mouth. You crawl forward a little to get closer again. "What is this stuff?" You ask. "This.. I.." He takes a moment to collect his thoughts. He grabs the blue fabric, and unfolds it. It turns out to be a blanket, one only big enough to for a very small child. In the corner of the blanket, the name 'Scott Howl' is stitched in. He says, "This is.. My baby blanket... Mawmaw made one for each of us when we were babies. I was the last one who stopped using it. She had to fix it and clean it so many times.." He wraps the blanket around his arms, then rubs his face over it, feeling the soft texture.

He looks back at the box. He sets the blanket down on his lap, and grabs the jersey. He holds it up and looks at it, turning it to see the back side. "This is my jersey from rugby when I was in middle school. The school had a fundraiser, and we got new jerseys, and all the guys gave their old ones away. They all gave them to other people they liked and wanted to have sex with, but I wanted to give mine to Mawmaw, since she was always my number one fan! But when the other guys on the team found out, they made fun of me.. They said I wanted to fuck Mawmaw.. But it's okay, because then the whole Wolfpack beat them up! But then they got suspended for a few weeks.. But I'm still thankful they stood up for me! Even if they did end up hurting them.." You laugh at the story that Scott recounts for you.

He finally folds up the jersey neatly again and grabs the last thing in the box, the football. He sniffles. "This past season.. When we won the championship.. I got this ball for Mawmaw.. We all signed it.. See?" He holds the football out to you, and you see the signatures of Scott, Archie, Brian, and the rest of the team. He continues, "Since she couldn't be there.. I wanted to give her something from it.. (Y/N).." Tears start to fill his eyes as he looks at you, "I miss her so much..." You crawl over to him and hug him, letting him shed his tears. You feel his chest move with every sob, and you can only hug him tighter and draw small circles on his back. After awhile, he calms down again. He apologizes, "I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to ruin the moment.." "Don't apologize. When my grandma died.. I wasn't too upset.. I'm glad that you had such a good relationship with your's.." He nods. You add, "Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?" He looks at the football and asks, "Do you.. Wanna play catch?" "Sure, but I've never really thrown a football before." Scott uses his arm to wipe the snot and tears off of his face. He lightly smiles, "Don't worry, I can teach you."