71. The Favor

You walk to school feeling neutral, as usual. And once you finally get to school, you look around for Scott. He's talking to Damien. Damien apparently says something funny, because Scott suddenly busts out laughing, causing your heart to skip a beat. You smile and walk up to him, giving him a side hug. He instinctively puts his hand up to your head and pets it. Damien glances at you for a second, but just goes back to whatever he was talking about. You end up tuning him out though, thanks to your intruding thoughts. You're not exactly sure why, but you can't cash in the favor yet. It's just not.. The right time. Instead, you just enjoy Scott's touch.

As the day goes on, you realize that you actually have a lot of chances to see Damien throughout the day. You keep telling yourself that the next time you see him alone, you'll talk to him, but you never realized just how much you see him. You only have lunch and gym with him, but you see him just about every time you go to a different class. You have every chance to talk to him, but you don't. Eventually, you hit 8th period, study hall.

You take a seat at a table in the library, waiting for your teacher to take attendance. Once she finishes, you make your way to one of the computers in order to do some research. You type in 'high leveled demon abilities'. After doing some research, you find some things that spark your interest. Teleportation, regeneration, and invulnerability just to name a few. There seems to be a lot you can do, and you're kind of excited to learn new things about yourself. The only problem is you aren't able to learn these new things until you tell Damien what you want. You'll just have to suck it up and do it. Once the final bell of the day rings, you go to your locker and grab your things. Afterwards, you look around to see if you can find Damien, but he's nowhere to be found. You go outside and walk around the entire building and still nothing. You make one more stop to check at, the lone bathroom in the back of the school yard. Sure enough, he's there.. With Brian. In fact, it's very similar to the New Year's Party. You barge in, and see Brian and Damien making out with eachother. They really start getting into it as Damien gets down on his knees. You leave before you see anything else. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

You walk home and when you make it, sit down in bed. You put your face in the palms of your hands and rub your eyes. You go to the bathroom to rinse off your face. When you enter, you are reminded once again that your mirror is broken. Furrowing your brows in anger, you get a plastic bag and put all of the broken glass inside of it. You tie it up and put it in your backpack. You exit your room and look around for your mom. You eventually find her in the basement, doing some laundry. Taking a deep breath, you tell her, "Hey, mom. I'm going over to a friend's house tomorrow after school." "Ugh, I wish you'd tell me these things sooner, but okay." You look her up and down one more time in annoyance before leaving her alone. You decide to text Scott. You say, "Hey buddy, how's it going?" Just a few minutes later, he replies, "Good! Im reading!" You two talk for little bit about the book he's reading, until you eventually change the subject. You say, "I think I'm gonna try to practice using my powers." You wait for a moment for a text back, but get a call from him instead. You pick up the phone, "Hello?" "You're really gonna practice?" You laugh, "Uh.. Yeah?" "That makes me so happy! You're going to get super strong someday! Let me know if you need any help!" You blush, "Yeah, I will." "How are you going to practice?" "I'm gonna get Damien's dads to help me." He gasps, "Really?" "Yeah, why?" "Well that means you gotta talk to Damien, right?" "Yeah?" "And you're usually afraid of that, right?" "I guess so." "So you're getting over your fears! I'm so proud of you!" Your blush deepens. "Thank you." "Oh, well, I gotta get going. Mawmaw needs help with something. I'll see you tomorrow (Y/N), I love you!" "I love you too." He hangs up the phone. You set it down, and just then, your mother calls you to help her with dinner. You begrudgingly help out and spend the rest of the night doing other miscellaneous things. You finally finish, and go to sleep.

The next morning, you get ready for the day, and walk to school. You can hear the pieces of the mirror clashing together in your backpack, and you question whether it was a good idea to bring them or not. Upon entering the main hall, you see Scott on the left talking to Vicky. Once he notices you, he smiles and gives you a thumbs up. Vicky turns around and smiles at you as well. You look at the other side of the hall and see Damien looking tired, talking to Brian, looking even more tired. You feel nervous, but you can do this. Not just for Scott, but for you too. You walk up to Damien and Brian, and clear your throat. Damien looks at you, saying nothing. You say, "Damien. I would like to cash that favor in now." He raises an eyebrow and says, "What?" "I'd like.. To cash in the favor." "You weren't fucking supposed to." "Then why did you offer it?" "I didn't want to, but Brian fucking made me!" Brian chimes in and says, "No, I didn't. That was all on you. You wanted to thank them for getting us together." Brian kisses Damien on the cheek. Damien blushes and looks away. He angrily says, "Fine, whatever. What the hell do you want?" "I would like to speak to your parents again."