92. Late Night Talk

You wake up hours later, still resting in the same position that you were when you first lied down. You prop yourself up slightly, noticing that your body feels stiff. You look down at Scott's resting face and smile. Your smile slightly fades as you look down further, and see that you left a puddle of drool on his chest. You reach over to Scott's nightstand, grab your phone and check the time. Your eyes widen as you see that it is already 10 PM. Your eyes widen further, seeing that your mom had texted you a few times, and even tried to call you. She asked a few times where you were and if you were safe. Eventually, she had even texted, saying that she was going to call the police in a few minutes if you didn't respond. Luckily, she sent that last text just a minutes ago. You text her, saying, 'I am so sorry! My phone has been on silent for a while, and I lost track of time. We were playing video games at his house. I'm safe, I promise. I'm sorry for making you worry.' You put your phone down and rub your eyes, hoping that you don't get scolded for this. All of a sudden, she's calling you. You pick up the phone, "Hello?" "Oh (Y/N), thank God! I wanted to make sure that it was actually you who texted me just now, and not some monster that kidnapped you. You are not in any danger, right?" "No Mom, I'm fine." "Okay.. When do you plan on coming home?" Her tone changes from one of worry to a condescending one. You reply, "I don't know yet. I'll let you know when I do. I might just end up staying here for the night, because he's tired." "Excuse me? Aren't you going to ask for my permission?" "I'm 18 Mom  I don't need your permission to stay at a friend's house. If I stay the night, I'll let you know, and I'll be back tomorrow afternoon." She says, "Okay do, whatever you want. Bye." "Bye Mom." You hang up.

Would it be weird to sit there and watch Scott sleep? Yes, definitely. Is that going to stop you? Hell no. You lie down on top of Scott, admiring him. He softly snores, and just a few minutes later, his eyes slowly flutter open. You say, "Good morning sunshine." "It's morning already?" he asks sleepily. "No, it's like 10 at night." "So I slept all day?" "Mmhm. We both did." He rubs his eyes, "Well, I'm hungry." You laugh. "Of course you are." You reach toward his face, gently placing a kiss on his nose. "I assume we're going out to eat again." He nods. You chuckle and say, "Alrighty then. Where are we going?" He simply shrugs his shoulders. You add, "All right, get your pants back on. We'll figure something out." You both get up and stretch, stiff from the nap. Scott gets his pants back on and the two of you leave the house to forage for food.

You go to the drive-thru of a burger joint. He orders your food and pays for it, and drives off. He asks, "You know what's more fun than driving around all day?" "What?" "Driving around at night." You laugh, "Is that what we're doing then?" "Yup! As long as it's okay with you." "Of course it is." You text your mom, telling her that you're going to be staying over at his place. She doesn't respond.

After driving for another hour and a half, Scott eventually pulls into the park you two have visited so often. He parks and the two of you head over and sit on the picnic table. Scott says, "It's cold out here, isn't it?" "Yeah, it is." You two just sit there in somewhat awkward silence. The next thing you know, a big jacket is put over you. You ask, "What about you?" Without saying anything, he gets up and sits behind you. He wraps his arms around you and nuzzles into your neck. "You're all the warmth that I need." You blush and smile, kissing the side of his head. You look at the beautiful landscape of the city before looking down at the ground sadly, saying, "I'm sorry about Mawmaw." He swallows, and says in a shaky voice, "I know when someone says sorry, the right thing to say is 'it's okay'... But is it okay.. If it's not.. Okay?" "Of course it's okay." "I'm really scared. I don't want her to go." "You said it was okay earlier. Did something change?" "No.. It's okay, but it's also not okay. It's not okay because I don't want to lose her, but it's okay because I know that I have friends, a-and family, and you to help me get through it. So.. So it will be okay, but it won't be okay. Does that make any sense?" "Of course not. But that's okay. I know exactly how you feel. That's how I feel on a day-to-day basis. I always feel like things aren't going to be okay for me because of how I live. I am scared of everything, but I also think things are going to be okay because I have you, and other friends, and you always look out for me." You feel a tear land on your cheek. "You promise you'll be there for me, right?" "I promise." "Thank you." He kisses you on the cheek. You turn his head and kiss him on the lips.

You and Scott talk to each other longer. You fill him in on all the events he had missed in the past week, listening to his laughter at all the crazy shenanigans that everyone had gotten themselves into. You tell him about your night with Damien, and he basically jumps for joy. He's so happy and excited because not only are you allowed to go out more often during the week, but he's also ecstatic that you and Damien have grown closer. More time passes, and Scott yawns again. He says, "I've still got blankets in my van. You want to go in there, and go to bed, and cuddle?" You smile, "I would love nothing more." You and him get off of the picnic table and go to his van. He sets everything up with his blankets and pillows. He lays down and pats the area next to him. You smile and get up close, and he wraps his arms around you. He kisses you on the forehead. "Thank you for today (Y/N). I love you." You lean up and kiss him on the chin. "Thank you for today Scott. I love you too." He smiles, happily closing his eyes. You do the same, and before you know, it you both fall asleep.