70. Memory Lane

You wake up in your room. It's exactly the way you left it, except the cloaked figure you've seen before is sitting at the foot of your bed. You lean forward and touch it's shoulder. It tenses up, and after a moment, it relaxes again. You ask, "Are you.. Acasius?" He says, "Come with me." He stands up and opens the door to your room, stepping out into the hallway. You get out of bed and follow him. He walks swiftly down the hallway and stops at door. It was a few months ago. He opens the door and it takes you to your back yard as you watch yourself interacting with wolf Scott. He licks your hand and your mom comes out with a gun. She takes aim, and fires, hitting you. The memory fast forwards to you in the hospital. You're lying down in the bed, unconscious, hooked to a heart monitor. Wolf Scott is curled up in the corner, watching you, and two nurses, an ogre and a blob monster, are talking to eachother. You listen to the conversation. The ogre woman says, "I ran the tests.." The blob woman replies, "And?" "The patient is a high-level demon." The blob's eyes widen, she looks at you, then at the ogre. She repeats, "A high-level?" "Yes. Although it seems their abilities are low on power." "That's odd." A soft, deep voice from behind you says, "That's because they've never trained before." You turn around and see Mr. Oberlin. He continues, "Their mother is a monsterphobic woman, and their father is not a part of their life. However, an incident occurred at their old school and they had to transfer here." The blob asks, "How do you know all that?" "My daughter and them are friends. She's told me a lot about them." "Were you aware that they are a high-level demon?" Just like the nurses did, Mr. Oberlin looks at your sleeping form in shock, "No, I did not know that." The ogre woman says, "Well, in a normal case, we wouldn't have to do anything for them because a high-level demon has healing abilities, so this is almost nothing. However, with a lack of experience with their powers, we may need to assist them in the healing process, which may mean surgery. Sir, are you able to contact the mother so she can be aware of the bill?" He thinks for a moment. He says, "No, that won't be necessary."

Time quickly passes by as Mr. Oberlin and Scott wait patiently for the nurse's arrival. The ogre reenters the room and says, "Alright. The results are as follows: The patient in question, (Y/N) (L/N), is a high-leveled demon/human hybrid. A lack of training and practice has rendered their powers weak, but still helpful in a life or death situation. Assistance will be necessary in order to make sure the patient fully recovers to be a functioning member of society. Now sir," she looks up from her paper at Mr. Oberlin, "We will indeed need to perform surgery on this person in order to help, or else the problems may persist, so I will ask you again, are you absolutely sure you are willing to pay for this operation?" He nods his head, "I am." The nurse calls others into the room and they all attempt to get you out. Scott however, is not too keen about this. He gets into a defensive stance in front of your bed and growls at them. Mr. Oberlin grabs him and pets him, calming him down. The others are then able to wheel you out of the room.

Time again speeds by and you are wheeled back into the room. Scott has reverted back to normal by now and is asleep, buck naked, in the corner of the room. Mr. Oberlin is next to him, and has dozed off as well. The blob lady wakes him up, letting Scott rest for a bit. She tells him, "Sir, we were able to get the bullet out, but we will still need to give the patient medication. Is that something you will pay for as well?" Mr. Oberlin nods his head. The nurse makes a note on her clipboard. She then says, "May I ask you a question sir?" He chuckles, "You just did." "Hehe, I mean.. Does the patient know about their powers?" As Mr. Oberlin scratches his chin, you hear a yawn. It's from Scott. He rubs his eyes and says, "(Y/N)? Yeah.. (Y/N) knows about their powers." The nurse raises her eyebrows, "Well, that's good. Have they been practicing?" Scott yawns again and says, "I don't know.. But I can tell them to. I can think of a fun way to help them practice. That sounds like a lot of fun!" Scott, suddenly full of energy, stands straight up and raises his arms in excitement. The nurse and Mr. Oberlin look away, but you can't help but stare. Mr. Oberlin nervously says, "Uh, Scott, you're.." "I'm what?" "Naked.." Scott looks down at his.. body. "Oh yeah, that always happens during a full moon." Scott smiles, completely oblivious to the awkwardness. The nurse says, "Well, you two have been here all night, maybe you should leave so you can eat and.. Find some clothes..." Scott says, "But I want to stay here with (Y/N).." Mr. Oberlin says, "How 'bout we eat, get you some clothes, and you can come back later?" Scott looks sadly at the floor, "Okay.." The nurse gets a hospital gown from the closet for Scott. "Here you can wear.. And he's gone." Mr. Oberlin runs out into the hall after Scott, and you can't help but laugh at his actions.

Suddenly, the cloaked figure pulls you out and shuts the door. After watching so long, you almost forgot you were watching some sort of memory rather than a TV show. The figure leads you up the hallway and asks, "Remember how he said he'd help you practice?" "Yeah?" It opens a door and you see you and Scott sitting on your picnic table. Scott grabs a frozen sandwich, holding it with both of his hands. He asks, "You can do stuff with fire, right?" You rewatch that memory unfold, feeling a smile creep on your face. You ask the figure, "So, he was helping me the whole time?" The figure nods and shuts the door. It walks you up the hallway some more and it opens one more door. It's the day you were at the LaVey's. They teach you how to use your powers to make a fireball, and all of a sudden it dawns on you. Stan and Lucien can help you. The hooded figure shuts it again. It leads you up the hallway, and shows you the memory of Damien. He says, "As 'thanks' for getting us together, I guess I owe you one." It shuts the door. A moment of silence commences. You ask, "How come you're showing me all this?" "You just.. You deserve to be happy. For the both of us. I miss being with you, and I just wanna help." "I.. Miss being with you too." Tears threaten to fall from your eyes. This has to be your brother, but he won't admit it. You put a hand on his shoulder. "Can I.. See you?" He tenses, "I'm sorry but.. I'm not ready." You sigh in disappointment. You bend down to give him a hug,

But suddenly wake up because of your alarm. You rub the tears away from your eyes and make a plan for the day. You will do research on high-level demons in study hall, and ask Damien to redeem his favor. And so, you get ready for the day.