85. After-Training Snack

You groan and open your eyes. Only then do you realize that you passed out. You're being carried. Your arms are around their shoulders and your legs around their torso. Looking forward, you see the field you were in just moments ago. You also see Scott, his hands in his pockets, staring down at the ground, following you. You catch the end of a conversation between Stan and Lucien. You hear Lucien say, "It's just, Stanley, this was too much too soon. They weren't ready for something as big as this, they need a better grip on their emotions before something like this. You're lucky I was worried, and decided to check on you all. I am stronger than you! I can deal with this shit better, and you should have waited for me!" Stan is silent for a few seconds. Then, he says, "I'm sorry honey. I thought they could handle it." Lucien sighs, "I'm not the one you should be apologizing to." "Of course honey. I'll do it when they wake up." You feel a hand rub your back. Lucien says, "I'm sorry for freaking out, darling. It's just, I don't want another one of these kids dying. This one is all we have left of him." "It's okay, honey. I understand." You hear the two of them kiss, and you let yourself be carried back to the house.

You hear the door open and everyone walks inside. You close your eyes as if you were sleeping, and Lucien puts you down. He says, "Get them some water, please." "Alright, honey." You open and rub your eyes, pretending that you just woke up. The first thing you see is Scott staring back at you. He jumps on you, and hugs you tightly. "(Y/N)! I'm so glad you're okay! I was so scared!" You laugh, "Yeah, yeah, I'm okay. It's okay.." You hug him back. He moves to look you in the eyes, and he kisses you. He makes an attempt at making out with you, but you stop him before anything happens. You tell him, "Not here. That's gross." "Right.. Sorry.." You see a figure walking slowly towards you two, and look up. Stan is looking down at you, smiling. He says, "You two are so cute. Mind if I sit?" You sit up straight, giving him some room to sit on the couch. He sits at the end and says, "Look, (Y/N), I don't think you were ready for earthquakes, and I wasn't ready to teach them. I'm so sorry. Are you doing okay?" You give him a reassuring smile, "It's okay. And I'm fine, I'm just a little shook up.. What happened?" "Well," he lowers his voice to a whisper, "it was actually pretty cool." You laugh and he continues in a normal tone, "You slammed your foot down, and everything shook, and you broke the ground! But then, you started falling in, and Lucy swooped in to save you!" "But.. How'd he do it?" "Don't worry about it, you'll learn it eventually. But Lucy'll teach you," he winks. You spend some more time making small talk. Eventually, Damien comes out shirtless. He says, "Alright Scott, you ready to go home?" Stan asks, "You're taking both of them home, right?" "What? No! You can take the little one home." "You'll take both of them home, that's final." Damien rolls his eyes and walks back. Minutes later, he comes out with a shirt on, and holding Brian's hand. "Let's go." You quickly grab your things, say goodbye to Stan, and get in Damien's car.

He starts it and begins driving. He says, "Alright, where do we wanna eat?" You just sit silently, staring out the window. Scott and Brian start suggesting places. Eventually, Brian suggests, "How about that taco place that all the drunks and druggies go?" "Hell yeah! That sounds awesome! Scott, that sound good?" Scott replies, "Yeah!" Damien says, "Cool, (Y/N)?" Hearing your name knocks you out of your trance, and you focus back on the rest of them. "U-Uh, Yeah! That sounds great." Damien sighs, "I guess that means I'll take you too." Scott taps your hand and you look at him. He smiles widely and wiggles his eyebrows. You laugh at him, and Damien keeps driving.

Damien pulls into the parking lot of the place, and there is a huge line in the drive thru. He practically yells, "Dammit! I guess we're going inside." He parks his car, taking up two spaces in the process, and everyone exits the car. Once you enter, you find that's rather empty inside, save for a few tables with people sitting at them. You wonder why so many people would rather wait in there cars instead of walking a few feet into the building. You look up at the menu, trying to decide what to get, when a familiar voice rings through your ears. "Oh my gosh! If it ain't my party people!" Turning to the direction of the voice, you see Polly floating towards you. You smile and say, "Hi Polly!" "Hiii! What are you guys up to? Oh, are you grabbing some food after an intense fourway?" "What? No!" "Oh come oooon, it's mating season, Scott is here, you can't keep your kinky secrets from meeee." She winks. You sigh, "Whatever." Seeing Polly's face makes you realize that you haven't seen her all week. You ask, "Hey wait. Where have you been? You haven't been at school all week." Polly's smile disappears. "Yeah, I hate school around now. Don't get me wrong, I love some good sex, but since I'm the sexiest girl in school, everyone just expects me to put it out for everyone, so I just skip." "What do you do all week?" "Wellll, I hang around wiiiith this guy!" she floats to a table with a plant man. She noogies him, and he smiles up at all of you. Scott tenses a little and looks away, and Damien and Brian go over and talk to him. You look up at Scott and put your hand on his arm. You ask him, "Is something wrong?" Scott pits his hand on yours. "That's Kale. He's a really cool guy who likes pokemans. But he's aroace. So sex and stuff makes him uncomfortable. He skips school all week too, because everyone being the way they are makes him uncomfortable. And I'm like that right now, so I feel bad. I just don't want to make him feel gross." You smile at him. "You're so sweet. I'm sure he won't mind, if you can contain yourself, he'll probably be fine." Scott smiles again, "Okay. Let's get some food and you can meet him!" You order your food with Scott and meet Kale, the chillest guy at school. Your group of 6 eat together and have a fun night. Once it starts getting late, Scott walks you home, and you go to bed.