CHAPTER 56

After saying his farewells to Aurora, Jungkook heaved a sigh. He had tried to conceal his excitement as much as possible, but was overturned with emotion because of his previous behaviors.

Watching as Aurora's taxi disappeared into traffic, Jungkook returned into the building. Waiting for the elevator, he began to think.

Logan and I have been working for the same company this entire time...and I never saw him. Why is it that today of all days, he decides to pop up? Now Logan, master and I will be here, seeing each other frequently...

Jungkook clenched his fists. I want master to myself if she's going to work here...

Earlier, when Logan had left with Amy, his assistant was curious about Logan's relationship with the girl. "So, I presume that that girl is your girlfriend?"

Logan frowned. "Why are you asking?"

Amy shrugged. "Well, when I came to find you, you two were pretty intimate. It's pretty obvious, unless it's just a fling—"

"It's not a fling." Logan deadpanned.

Amy glanced at Logan as they continued walking. "Does your father know?"

"No, and he doesn't need to. That man ruined enough of my relationships." Sighing, Logan opened the door to his office and walked in. "The fact that I'm still working here is troubling enough. I just hope that job opportunity to Yonkers gets approved even faster."

Amy frowned. "Then I guess we won't be working together once that wish is granted."

"Yeah..." Logan mumbled as he sat at his desk. "...I guess that would seem to be the case." Looking at her, he replied. "I'll be sure to refer you to another boss. I don't want you being under the hands of my father. He'll use you too. I guarantee it."

Amy smiled. "I appreciate your concern, Logan."

Reaching for his phone in his pocket, Logan sent Aurora a quick text to make sure she was fine. "Amy, please get me the files from the basket over there."

Handing him the files, Amy backed away. "These are hers, am I right?"

"Yes," Logan confirmed, gluing his eyes to his desktop. "I need to put her in the records, now."

"Alright. After you do so, I will document a copy in the system for references."

"Thank you."

"Jungkook!"

Looking around, Jungkook saw that Jordique was calling to him. Approaching him, Jungkook replied, "Yes?"

"Mr. DeChart is looking for you."

Jungkook furrowed an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Why?" Jordique repeated in disbelief. "I-I don't know. He just told me to let you know..."

Jungkook was suspicious of Jordique's tone. But he pretended to be oblivious and complied. "Alright. I'll be going to see him, then."

Leaving the studio, Jungkook immediately went to Allen's office. Knocking, Jungkook walked inside.

Allen smiled. "Jungkook. How are you?"

A bit sullen, Jungkook replied, "I'm doing alright."

"That's good to hear." Allen pointed to the seat in front of his desk. "Please, have a seat."

Jungkook hated when Allen told him to take a seat.

Once he sat down, Allen cleared his throat. "I spoke with your master earlier. And I must say, she did an excellent job in performance. She passed the audition."