CHAPTER 49

Arriving home, Jungkook saw that Logan was present. He didn't feel the need to question why he was here, but the atmosphere felt pretty grim.

"Is everything okay?" The AI asked, settling his jacket on the coat rack.

"...yeah. Just splendid." Logan muttered. Getting up from the couch, he ran his hand through his hair and grumbled. "Honestly, I'm not in a good head space right now."

Jungkook looked around the apartment, wondering where Aurora was. "...and why is that?"

Shaking his head, Logan sighed. "I don't think you'd understand the seriousness of what happened tonight."

Anxious, the AI approached the male, becoming persistent. "Did something happen to my master?"

Exhaling, Logan glanced in the direction of the hallway. "Yeah."

Jungkook's eyes followed his. He hurried to Aurora's room, opening the door. She wasn't there. Checking the bathroom, he realized the door was locked.

"She's fine, Jungkook, but, if you want to find out anything, it's best to speak to her. She doesn't want me telling you anything, so I have to respect that."

"Why?" Jungkook asked angrily. "Did someone hurt her?"

Scoffing, the male folded his arms. "Like I said, if you want to find out anything, speak to her."

Furrowing his eyebrows, Jungkook refocused on the door and knocked. "Master, it's me, please let me in."

Aurora opened the door and peeked, looking up at him.

"Hey..."

"What happened?" Jungkook asked. "Logan isn't telling me anything and said I should speak to you."

"Is he still here?"

"Yeah, he's in the living room. Why?"

"If she wants, I can leave and come back later."

"No," Opening the door wider she peered around the corner to see Logan. "It's fine. I'd like to speak to Jungkook alone though. I'll go to my room."

"If you need anything, I'll be next door. I gotta prepare for tomorrow."

"Okay."

As Logan left, Aurora and Jungkook went to her room to talk.

Shutting the door behind him, the AI noticed Aurora's body language was different. She seemed more distant than welcoming. "Master..." Jungkook began. "...please, tell me what is going on. Why are you and Logan acting strange?"

Aurora inhaled sharply. "Jungkook, I was—" The tomboy was stunned to see the AI standing near the door with a gloomy expression. "I...I was attacked by one of Logan's friends, tonight."

"What?" Jungkook's eyes lit with anger. "What did they do?"

Aurora didn't want to go through explaining everything that happened once again with Jungkook, but the AI kept insisting that she told him.

"He grabbed up on me...kissed me...bit into my neck..." Aurora winced at the thought. She could still feel Devon's strong hand gripping her body as she pleaded for him to stop.

"Who did this to you?" Jungkook questioned indignantly. "How does he look?"

Aurora shook her head. "Logan already took care of him, Jungkook...don't worry about it."

Marching and stopping in front of the girl, Jungkook asked, "What do you mean, he took care of it?"

"He...dealt with him." Aurora closed her eyes and looked away. "He already put him in his place, so there's no need to engage any further with him."