CHAPTER 51

In the morning, Jungkook was in bed restless from the night before. He expected his argument with Aurora to escalate from bad to worse, but his master surprisingly calmed down.

I guess she realized I wouldn't change my mind.

Getting up from his bed, Jungkook made his way into the hallway, seeing his master already dressed. Curious by how early she was actually up and fully dressed for once, he couldn't help but question her agenda.

"Oh, good morning, Jungkook." Aurora spoke dully, but tried to hide it with a half-assed voice tone. "I'm stepping out for a while. I'm going to go and get the job from Mr. DeChart."

Jungkook's eyes widened. "R-Really?"

"Yep." Looking at the time on her phone, Aurora settled it in her purse. "Well, I don't want to waste any more time lingering around. I'll see you later."

"W-Wait, but how are you going to get there?"

"Public transportation. If anything, I'll just ask around for directions. Hopefully no one will recognize me or try to kill me."

"Let me come with you. I don't want you to—"

Opening the door, the tomboy paused. "No Jungkook. I don't need you to go anywhere with me. Right now, I need my space." Aurora closed the door behind her.

The AI felt terrible for how last night ended. He was hoping that by morning everything would settle over. But deep down he knew that his master wasn't one to just forget things.

Holding his head, Jungkook exhaled. "Why did I confess like that?" He mumbled. "That was pretty stupid of me."

After dressing and making himself some breakfast, the AI put on his shoes and headed out.

Of course, Logan was on his way out too. He actually had planned on talking to Jungkook last night. But after Aurora had called him to let him know that the AI returned home and what happened, it made Logan's blood boil.

When Logan had called everyone to see where Devon was, he managed to get in contact with Roman who told him that everyone left Devon at the pharmacy nearby while they were waiting online at the pub. Logan pulled over once he reached the pharmacy and instantly saw a lifeless body sprawled on the ground in the alley. Sprinting over hastily, Logan recognized that it was Devon and cursed heavily under his breath. "Oh.... s—."

Devon had a busted lip, a black eye, and a fractured jaw.

He looked AWFUL.

Logan was in such a loss for words that he nearly had a panic attack. He almost forgot to call for help.

He had to call someone.

Pulling out his phone, Logan called his cousin to be available immediately. Logan's cousin was a certified doctor and well acquainted with the young man.

The male then helped Devon onto his shoulder and dragged him into his car, driving off to his cousin's place.

Logan glared at Jungkook, slamming his door shut. "You want to explain what in the F— you were thinking when you decided to go and do that to Devon?"

Jungkook remained silent.

"I specifically told you to NOT go and find this guy. If he had recognized you or saw your face, do you know how much s— you and Aurora would be in right now?! Devon is the son of a lawyer and an overachieving officer. He would have you incarcerated—or even worse—discarded into shrapnel. The point is—he would have you KILLED. And being that you are a machine, that would just make it 100% more easier to make you disappear without a trace. And then what would become of Aurora, huh?" Logan got in Jungkook's face. "You're gone, and she's all alone."

The two stared at each other for a few seconds, which started to piss Logan off. The male wanted to beat the crap out of the AI so badly but he already knew that Jungkook wouldn't feel a thing.

Logan balled his fists. "I had to file a complaint and also receive a probation order because now that Devon needed the police to be involved, that meant I was connected to the incident, prior to me kicking his ass earlier last night. All of that could have been avoided, if you," Logan jabbed his finger into Jungkook's chest. "Didn't do what you did last night. Since you can't respect when your superiors are talking to you, I guess we have to treat you like the rest of the animals in this world."

"Get your finger off of my chest."

"Or what?!" Logan shouted. "You're going to f— me up like the way you did to Devon? It's already bad enough that I hear that you're dating some girl—"

Jungkook's eyes widened.

"But now it seems that you're also very violent! Jungkook, are you a deviant—"

Enraged, Jungkook slammed Logan onto his door. "Don't you dare try to make me look like as if I'm the bad guy here. All you've done so far was put on a façade, pretending that you mean well for my master. It's only a matter of time that you reveal who you really are. You think that you can shame me because of what I did last night? As if you're any better! You invited my master to join you and your group of buddies to a night of pain and trauma. If you hadn't even thought of bringing her along, none of this s— would've happened. She wouldn't have been sexually assaulted. And I'm sure as hell that you knew that Devon was a perverted bastard. But you still led her on, and then pretend that you never knew what he was capable of doing."

"Get the hell off of me," Logan shoved Jungkook off of him. "You don't know me, Jungkook. You don't know what the hell I've been through growing up and getting to where I am now. You think I wanted to see Aurora get into some s— like that? Never in my life! I would never wish something so distasteful on a girl who already went through a number of traumatic experiences in her life. I had everything under control last night. I had Devon wrapped around my fingers after I taught him a lesson about hurting women like that. And you ruined it, Jungkook. I just hope that you're happy with yourself. Since you want so much to become a human," Logan shrugged. "Here it is."

Without a second word, Logan left.