CHAPTER 4

Calmly, Jungkook scanned his environment to see which way Aurora headed. She was definitely somewhere, but Jungkook had to search greatly to find his master. Heading down to the V Train platform, he sprinted as fast as he could, startling those walking by. They wondered where was he running off to. He headed back up the stairs once he reached the last exit, and then went up an escalator. Turning his head, he saw Aurora being manhandled aggressively by a cop that caught her. She screamed, begging the officer to let her go because he was hurting her. But he refused. Everyone walking by stopped, frightened by what they were seeing. Charging at the cop, the officer pulled out his gun, pointing it at Jungkook.

Aurora was shocked to see Jungkook coming after her. She whispered his name with relief and smiled weakly.

"What do you think you're doing—" Before the cop could finish his sentence, Jungkook gave the man a hard shove, sending him flying into a column. Aurora gaped with horror.

Glaring at Jungkook she cried, "You almost killed him!"

Ignoring Aurora's criticisms, Jungkook snatched her up. He ran with her in his arms, heading straight out of the subway. They were now in unknown territory. Looking around, Jungkook tried to assess where they were. Aurora was terrified. She's been chased by cops many times, but not by this many. She felt like a dangerous criminal roaming the Earth. Aurora could already see it—WANTED signs put up all over York Seoul City, demanding that she be found immediately for a wealthy amount of money—something that she needed.

Aurora tugged Jungkook's shirt. Jungkook looked at her. "Are you okay?"

Aurora clang to his shirt, nodding her head. "...don't do that again, please."

"Don't do what?"

"Scare me like how you did just now."

"What do you mean?" Jungkook asked as he carried her down the street.

"You allowed them to arrest you...I thought they were going to take you away for good...or worse..."

"Or worse, what?"

"...return you to your owner."

Jungkook didn't say a word.

They were going to, right...? Aurora thought gloomily.

Jungkook eventually stopped their journeying. Before them was an Britalian restaurant. Jungkook processed this moment as a time in need of comfort. Aurora needed it tremendously. "Let's eat."

"...what?" Aurora asked disbelievingly. "But, I don't have any money."

Jungkook assured Aurora that it was fine. Taking her inside, Jungkook approached the waiter behind the desk requesting a seat for two. Looking at them, the waiter smiled. "A date, I see?"

Aurora blushed, shaking her head. "No, I'm his..." Aurora looked at him, hesitating to finish her sentence.

"She is my master." Jungkook finished.

"Oh, I see," The waiter gasped with acknowledgement. "Well," He leaned on the counter, looking left and right. Leaning in, he whispered to them. "Ain't nothing wrong with a little AI action," He winks, clucking his tongue. "Right?"

"Ew, gross!" Aurora stuck her tongue out.

Jungkook didn't understand the innuendo. "What is AI action?"

"Ignore him!" Aurora demanded.

The waiter cackled. "Step this way. There is a stall over here for you, madame.