CHAPTER 3

It's been quite a number of days since Jungkook and Aurora have been associating with one another. Aurora realized that she didn't even have shoes. This whole time, she's been barefoot, traveling in and out of the city. It's no wonder people looked at her strangely. A girl with a beautiful red dress, stunning shoulder-length hair—walking down the street, with nothing to praise her feet? Once Jungkook learned what it meant to be kind, he decided to find Aurora some shoes that would match her outfit.

Aurora was waiting on the bridge at the beach, kicking her legs over the ledge. Jungkook would soon return with some items. With a mango in hand, she enjoyed the fruity nectar as it splashed against the boardwalk. Aurora's mind wandered off into a fictional world of how life would have been if she actually had a family. Would she have needed an AI? Would she have been different? Would she have ever met Jungkook?

Aurora only shrugged. At this point in her life, a family was the last thing she wanted anymore. Aurora stood up tossing the mango seed and skin into the ocean, watching as the waves swallowed it up and drove them away. She kneeled, washing her hands in the water and shook them dry. In the distance, Jungkook was coming down with a bag in hand.

She hurries over to him excitedly. Jungkook looked at her, handing her the bag. Opening it, she peered inside. There inside, were beautiful red shoes that would definitely go well with her outfit. Dropping onto the sand, she grabbed a shoe to put on. But Jungkook stopped her immediately.

"Did you wash your feet?"

"If I wash it, then sand will stick to them."

Jungkook frowned, folding his arms.

Aurora rolled her eyes, dropping the shoes in the bag. She stood back up and went over to the shore, barely touching the water. Taking a few steps further, the water reached her ankles. She allowed them to soak for a bit, rubbing the sole of her feet against the sand. Sea water and sand was actually healthy for skin. It removed dead skin cells and repaired any damaged skin, along with killing bacteria. She grunted because she knew if she were to step out of the water, all the sand would start sticking to the bottom of her feet, which would defeat the purpose of washing them. Sighing, she went about her business.

Before she was able to fully turn around, she was swept off her feet. Frightened, she yelped, but Jungkook was merely helping her out.

The water from her toes dripped onto the side of his shirt.

"You're clothes!"

"It's fine." Jungkook assured her as he carried her to the boardwalk. Sitting her down, he took the old sheets he used to wear, and wiped her feet completely dry, then dressed them in her new pair of shoes. Aurora wriggled her toes in them.

"You're really good at finding the clothes that fits me just right." She complimented.

"I examined your body." Jungkook said innocently.

Aurora knew what Jungkook meant, but it was still awkward hearing him say something like that.

Sitting down next to her, Jungkook asked, "Do you like them?"

Aurora nodded. "Uh-huh."

The two sat quietly, gazing at the bright sunny sky and the ocean below.

"What would you like to do for today?" Jungkook questioned.

Looking at him, Aurora didn't know what to say. "I honestly don't know. I've hardly done anything interesting in my life besides stealing and getting beaten up for it, so..."

Jungkook did not find that funny.

"It wasn't supposed to be a joke," She rolls her eyes.

Jungkook glanced at the sea. "If I were to leave you tomorrow, what would you do?"