CHAPTER 18

Later that night, Jungkook returned home. It was dark inside, and turning on the light, Jungkook found that everything was cleaned. Before he had left home, he remembered leaving clothes around and Aurora leaving other messy items all over the place. He was curious about why everything was suddenly spotless because Aurora wasn't the cleaning type of girl. But he was glad. As he took off his shoes, he settled his jacket on the coat rack and headed for Aurora's room. Peeking in stealthily, he found her fast asleep. A gentle smile came over him as he shut the door. He thought that Aurora was doing fine being home by herself so far. He just had to work a few more weeks of overtime in order to be up to date with the bills. His boss was kind enough to give him a tiny raise, even though he's only been modeling for a month and change now.

That morning, Jungkook went to wake Aurora up for breakfast. But as soon as he entered, Aurora woke up to the subtle sound of her door creaking.

"Hmm...they gotta put some oil in this door to stop the creaking." Jungkook noted to himself.

Aurora sat up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She turned to the door, seeing Jungkook. "Oh, hey Jungkook."

"Good morning, master. Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah...I did," Aurora paused, looking around. "Wait—I don't remember coming to bed...?" She mumbled, questioning what happened last night.

"Really now?" Jungkook smiled. Well, I guess you slept walk into bed. Your body knew that you needed rest."

"No..." Aurora disagreed. Logan must have carried me to bed and left. That was nice of him. She thought. He better not had tried anything while I was sleeping though, or else I'll kill him.

"No, what?"

"Oh, nothing." Aurora shrugs it off.

"Well, anyways," Jungkook turned around. "I'm going to work early today, in a few."

Saddened, Aurora froze before she stood from the bed and looked at him. "Again...?"

Jungkook sensed the hurt in Aurora's voice and looked the other way. "Well...I made breakfast for us!" He tried to excuse.

Aurora got out of bed and walked over to him. "You've been doing an awful lot of overtime...we've hardly been speaking to each other since we've moved here..." Jungkook watched as she walked past him and headed towards the kitchen. She murmured, "...more like, when I started free loading here."

Jungkook felt terrible for making Aurora feel this way. He just wanted to be a good AI for his master—a young man who'd fulfill all the needs of what she says is needed or is to be done.

Following her to the kitchen, Jungkook gathered the silver platter and settled it in between him and Aurora at the table. Aurora slumped her face in her hand, watching Jungkook get everything prepared. He went to the fridge, bringing out a carton of orange juice. The juice struck Aurora's eyes as she didn't recall there being any juice in the fridge.

"I brought this in last night. I was going to let you know, but you were already in bed sleeping."

"What time did you even get home?"

"Around twelve a.m."

"Well, that figures." Aurora frowned. "I must have fallen asleep while watching the movie with Logan."

Jungkook's senses heightened. "Logan?"

"Oh yeah," Aurora bumped her fist in the palm of her hand. "I've made a new friend. His name's Logan. Lives next door," Aurora pointed with her right hand to which side of the hallway he lived. "Right next to us. And he's pretty nice. He came over yesterday and we hanged out."