CHAPTER 55

Reaching for a bottle of water in the fridge, Aurora turned to face Logan who leaned on the kitchen island. "So, tell me..." She began. "...what happened to Devon?"

Logan shook his head and sighed. "He's definitely not okay, but he's not dead either."

Disturbed, Aurora gave him a certain look. "What does that mean?"

"Well," Logan sat up and walked around the table over to Aurora, leaned back on it and folded his arms. "Thanks to your AI, he gave Devon quite the injuries. A fractured jaw, a busted lip, and a black eye. Thankfully, the guy didn't have a concussion, or else it would have been even worse."

"Oh my god!" Aurora gasped. "That's horrible..." Oddly, Aurora felt terrible about Devon's encounter.

"Not as horrible as what he's done to you," Logan spat. "Besides, being that I had to go and find him, I had no choice but to call the police, and turn myself in...I got away with probation, only because this was my first offense—that I've been caught in."

"Y-You covered for Jungkook?"

"Not necessarily," Logan differed. "It's not like I was trying to really by the hero. I also turned him in with the recording of our conversation, so it was marked as self-defense for what I did to him. He's being punished for his actions too. Besides, If Devon or the police were to get their hands on Jungkook or find out that he's an android...then it'd be hell for the two of you."

Aurora lowered her head in shame. "...I did mention that to Jungkook last night. I don't know what the hell he was thinking."

"That android loves you too much," Logan explained. "He seriously needs to prioritize obedience rather than letting his heart—" The male caught himself. "Well, he needs to be obedient and stop acting like a deviant."

"A deviant?" The tomboy questioned.

"Meaning he's diverting off of a course he was programmed to follow." Logan enlightened. "He's really getting on my last nerve right now."

Aurora hugged herself "I'm sorry..."

"It's not your fault, babe," Logan rubbed her shoulder gently. "Like I said, I know he cares for you and loves you. A lot. He needs to relax, though. It's going to get him killed one day."

"I'll..." Aurora sighed. "Talk to him, I guess."

"There's no need," Logan frowned. "Besides, he's probably already occupied with my father's promotional campaign." Nodding his head Logan smirked. "How did you do, anyways?"

"Well, Mr. Allen said he liked my performance, hence me already progressing into the modeling field."

"That's my girl," Logan smiled, giving her a kiss on the lips. "You look really beautiful, by the way."

"Oh," The tomboy had completely forgotten that she had makeup on. Aurora shied away and blushed.

"Don't suddenly be shy around me, come on—" As Logan tickled Aurora, pulling her close, Amy showed up.

The couple heard her heels stop clacking once it hit the kitchen tiles.

Logan and Aurora immediately separated from each other.

"Logan, I think you should return to your office so that we can finalize the admissions." Amy advised. "The superintendent is going to be doing a walk-in, in a few days."

Logan facepalmed and groaned. "Ugh, another depressing task that my father is too demanding to handle himself." Swiping his hands into his pockets, he strutted away and swiftly turned to Aurora, pointing his finger at her. "So, tonight at 8?"