CHAPTER 27

Logan's eyes lit up with bewilderment. "What the hell is going on in Aurora's apartment?" Rolling his chair to the wall, he nosily kissed his ear to the surface, trying to listen intently. He heard her screams and hurtful cries as she shouted, "WHY DID YOU COME BACK?!" Logan shrunk back in fear. He had never heard Aurora holler in such a condescending tone.

After he had listened for some time, he suddenly heard her door slam open, and heavy steps speeding down the hall. Logan gulped hard. How could an interesting night go from decent to dreadful?

He didn't hear Jungkook going after her, so he knew something really bad must have happened. Putting on his shoes and jacket, he decided to go and see what was up.

Peering out the crack of his door, Logan eased it open gently. He locks it behind him, and steps into the next apartment. There, Jungkook sat unmoved. Logan had no idea what on earth had just went down between the two, but all he knew was that both of them were obviously scarred.

"Jungkook?" Logan spoke up.

The AI didn't move.

Logan was puzzled. He called out to him once more. But he didn't receive any response. Agitated by the AI's rude behavior, the confident male walks over to him and grabs his shoulder. "Jungkook." Logan growled. But before he could get another word out, he noticed that Jungkook wasn't actually ignoring him. Looking into his eyes, a trail of tears flowed down Jungkook's cheeks. Logan released him right away, moving a few steps back. "Are you actually crying?!" He says in disbelief.

Jungkook had no words for the human. He felt completely and utterly useless.

"How could I have said those things to her..." He whimpered. "...Aurora was never a burden...I never meant that."

Logan finally got the picture of what went down. "Why would you say something like that to her?" He queried with concern.

Jungkook shook his head. "...I don't know. It just...came out."

Exhaling frustratedly, Logan gripped Jungkook's shirt, and yanked him towards his face. "It just came out?" He snarled. "Do you have any idea what trauma you've ingrained into that girl's mind? She is an orphan! How can you say such distasteful things to her?!"

Jungkook couldn't give him an honest reply.

Pissed off at the machine, Logan punched Jungkook in the face. The AI fell onto the floor, holding his cheek.

"A machine like you has no right to ever talk down to it's master like that. She accepted you for what you are, and you had the nerve to break her down as though she was nothing but the scum under your artificial intelligence?!" Logan's fist shook with the thirst for blood. But too bad, Jungkook was merely a machine as he told him. There was no blood to be spilled.

Seeing that he wasn't getting anywhere with the male, Logan ran his hand through his black hair. "I need to go after her, before she does something stupid!" As he turned on his heel to make his immediate leave, Logan said some last remark. "Because her best boy merely treated her as a toy."

Once the door shut, Jungkook remained on his knees, holding himself up with his arms weakly. "...Delilah," He whispered. "...Delilah."

Coughing violently, Aurora beats her chest to tame the tightness that was fluctuating within her. She leaned her forearm on the wall, trying to catch her breath. How embarrassing it was to be met by faces that saw how shattered the girl was.

Aurora's mind kept reliving Jungkook's heartless words.

The more repetitive it was, the more potent the affects became. Aurora rushed from the complex, taking off in some direction. Before she knew it—Aurora stood before a fountain. It was all too familiar to her. The fountain centered a beautiful square, and it was stunning—white stone embedded with shiny pebbles. In the middle of the fountain was a Greek goddess that had water shooting out of her urn.