CHAPTER 52

Arriving at the agency, Aurora looked at the card Allen had given her prior to her arrival.

"I really hope that this is the right place..."

Entering in, Aurora went straight to the elevator and pressed a button to go to the modeling floor.

Allen had given her instructions on how to get to his office. Once she got there, Aurora knocked and was immediately invited in.

The girl peered in slowly, still unsure if whether or not making a hasty decision to suddenly model was a good idea.

"Ah, Ms. Aurora. I'm glad to see you again in person."

"Yeah..." The tomboy smiled shyly.

Allen went around his desk and pulled the chair. "Please, take a seat."

Aurora nodded and took her seat as Allen went back to sit down. "So, I'm guessing you've thought over my proposal?"

"Yeah...actually," Aurora began. "I thought that I've been home every day and I never get to do anything else...so it's about time I branch out and get out of my comfort zone. I want to meet new people, actually make friends for once in my life and also make a name for myself.

Mr. DeChart smiled happily in agreement. "I'm glad that you're starting to see your potential, Ms. Aurora."

"Oh, please. You can just call me Aurora, honestly."

"Okay, Aurora." Allen smiled.

Hearing that deep and mellow voice of his breathe her name made chills go up the girl's spine.

"I'm glad that you had called me. The auditions were about to be finalized in a couple of days."

"Really?"

"Yes. I had auditions posted and a lot of girls—and a few guys—were truly interested. I've learned that many of them had been trying to get in for months, but, of course, I only accept the best of the best."

Aurora laughed shyly. "That's why I wonder sometimes, why did you find me suitable for your establishment?"

"What do you mean?"

"I already gave you a background of my life and such, but you still said I'd be worthy of being given a shot."

"Well," Sitting back in his seat, Allen tapped his pen on the desk. "I've worked long enough in this industry to know that a lot of potential women out there aren't given a chance to show what they're capable of. And that's mainly due to the lack of audience that is given to such ones. Horrible advertising included, along with crappy algorithms making it difficult for newbies to get into the spotlight. Every chance I get, when I speak to an individual, I'm already interviewing them without them knowing."

Aurora then had an epiphany. So that's why he was asking me so many questions about myself!

"When I see that the person that I am speaking to qualifies for my work, I offer them an opportunity, such as yourself. It doesn't just come on a whim, Aurora. I believe that God is telling you to join me and my people in this amazing environment. Everything that you can ask for, is right here."

Aurora was amazed how such an opportunity was truly being given to her. "Well...when do I audition?"

"How about today?"

"T-Today?!" The tomboy stammered.

"My team of photographers and makeup designers along with the co-directors are setting up stage for today's photo shoot. I can have them dress you up to look the par and then have you put in front of the camera."