CHAPTER 11

"So, where are we going?"

"You'll see." Jungkook took Aurora's hand. They ventured for quite some time through York Seoul City. Aurora couldn't help but wonder what Jungkook was up to. He disappeared for a whole week and then randomly returns back with a surprise.

Did he find a better place to live that's discreet? Maybe food we can get for free? Was another android abandoned?

She could only wonder.

Jungkook took Aurora to Blackatman, which had Aurora on edge. She didn't want to be recognized by anyone—especially the police. Aurora was hoping that being that she's been out of the scene for the whole week, the cops would forget about her. After all, she wasn't that important.

Stopping by a Britalian restaurant, Aurora became numb. The thoughts of what happened last week made her queasy. "...why...are we stopping here?"

"To eat." Jungkook answered.

"What?!" Aurora gaped. "I told you how many times we are not stealing anymore!"

Ignoring Aurora, he pulled her inside. Although Aurora was trying to display some sort of moral standard, she did long for the taste of Neuropean food. Her stomach also growled just thinking about the wonderful lasagna she devoured prior to today. She held her stomach tenderly as Jungkook received a table for them. Once the waiter escorted them to their seats, Aurora sat down cautiously across from Jungkook.

Jungkook picked up a menu the waiter left for them and began looking through it. Aurora felt displaced being in this environment. She eyed a few customers that were sitting at different tables, seeing how etiquette and demure they all looked. Aurora glanced down at her dress. It was still fresh-looking and red as ever. Her shoes weren't beat up. They still looked very cute, and her hair was neat and down. But Aurora still felt awkward.

Jungkook lowered his menu and glanced at her. "What is your problem?"

Taken back by his tone, Aurora picked up the menu carefully and slowly opened it. "Nothing."

Jungkook saw that the girl was very uncomfortable. He soothed her with some words that threw her off guard. Aurora had never head Jungkook say anything of the sort.

Am I okay, 'dear'? Aurora's heart even questioned that question by skipping a beat. "I just feel like I don't belong here. That's all."

"None of us do," Jungkook expresses. "But here we all are, dining here on this fine day."

Aurora appreciated Jungkook's sincere words. Although he was just an android, his words still came out pure and sweet.

"I suggest you order the Insalata Caprese." He recommends.

"What's that?"

Taking Aurora's menu, he flipped the page over and directed her to the salad section. "It's a salad that consists of mozzarella cheese and tomatoes with a few simple ingredients such as black pepper, salt, basil and olive oil."

"Oh?" Aurora smirked. "And where is this dish from?"

"Lampania."

"Interesting."

After receiving their meals, Aurora was impressed to see Jungkook order a Fettuccine Chicken Alfredo. It smelled really delicious.

"That smells good!" Aurora drooled.

Jungkook nodded his head, and began eating. Aurora wanted so much to try it, but she felt terrible to ask to taste the pasta. Seeing that Aurora was looking at his plate, Jungkook asked if she wanted to order what he was having. Rejecting his request, Aurora explained that she just wanted to taste the pasta.