CHAPTER 38

"Be safe at work today, Jungkook." Aurora peers out of the bathroom before heading to the shower.

"I will, master." Jungkook reassured her. "I'll be sure to come home and cook for you."

"Oh, you don't have to," Aurora insisted. "I'm going to use some notes that I've written for myself to cook a meal, today."

"Would you like me to buy the groceries you need then?"

"Hmm..." Aurora leaned her head on the doorframe and thought for a moment. "...to be honest, I want to finish cooking before you get home. I can go and get them myself."

"Just in case, just tell me the ingredients you need."

As hesitant as Aurora was, she sighed. "Alright," Listing the ingredients she needed, Jungkook processed that in his memory.

"Okay, I'll be back." Putting on his shoes, he heads for the front door.

"Oh, and Jungkook,"

Pausing, the AI replied, "Yes, master?"

"Please, don't fight with Logan."

Jungkook frowned. "I'll try not to, master."

"Don't try. Just do." Watching the AI a little longer, Aurora retreated back into the bathroom, shutting the door.

Opening the front door, Jungkook was met by Logan, who was meeting at the same time.

"Oh great," Logan groans. "How convenient—must I leave at the same time as you too, now?!"

Jungkook ignores Logan, locking the door.

Noticing that Jungkook was heading straight for the elevator, Logan locks his door speedily, and rushes past him. "Take the stairs, bot. You don't need this," Logan smirks, pushing the elevator button.

Jungkook eyed the male loftily, turning his attention back to the elevator. He looked at his watch, and pulled his phone from his pocket.

Logan could not believe what he was seeing. Why does a machine have a phone and Aurora doesn't? He's trying so hard to act like he's a human...and he's damned selfish... Logan was very annoyed once again with him. Once the elevator came, Logan stepped in, pressing the first floor, and stepped aside to one corner. Jungkook merely came in and stood at the other corner, keeping his eyes glued to his phone.

Reaching for his own phone, Logan noticed that Jungkook was ignoring every bit of him. But he couldn't get a word out before the elevator door opened, picking up more people along the way. A woman walked in with a little girl. The girl saw both of them boys and ogled at them. "Woah! Two beautiful men in one elevator!"

"Sweetie!" The mother pulls the child towards her and apologizes to both of them. "I am so sorry; I don't know why my daughter would even say that!"

"It's alright Miss, no need to be hard on her, she's still young." Logan smiled.

The girl cheesed, and then glanced at Jungkook. "Mommy, doesn't he look like the scientist?"

"What?" The woman glances at Jungkook. "He does somewhat resemble him...almost identical!"

Glancing down at the girl, Jungkook plants a warm smile on his lips. The girl blushes.

Once the elevators door opened, Jungkook stepped from the elevator.

"Bye, mister!" The girl waves.

Jungkook waves without looking back. Taking his detour immediately, he leaves Logan in the dust.

The girl turns to Logan and waves. "Bye, mister!"