CHAPTER 39

Hearing the front door open, Aurora jumped, looking back from the kitchen. "Jungkook? You're back so early! I-I haven't even finished cooking yet!"

Quietly, the AI took off his shoes.

"Jungkook," Aurora puts her tomato and knife down. Walking towards him, she held her bosom with concern. "Are you okay? Jungkook—"

Pulling Aurora in by her arm, Jungkook hugged her tightly.

"Jungkook, what's gotten into you?"

"Master..." Jungkook whispered. "I love you."

Aurora's heart thumped. "Jungkook," She pushes away from him a little to see his face. "I love you too. But what happened? What's wrong?"

"...it's nothing, master." Jungkook stands up straight. "I actually went to get you a gift."

"A gift?" Aurora gaped. "What do you mean?"

Pulling the box from his pocket, he hands it to Aurora.

The girl's eyes glistened. "What's...this?" Aurora's eyes averted from the box to Jungkook, and back.

"It's a phone," Jungkook smiles faintly. "I'm sorry that I never bought you one...it's been long overdue..."

"It's okay Jungkook, honestly." Chuckling, Aurora touched his shoulder. "It's not like as if I've been begging for one."

"I know...but that was very irresponsible of me. If anything happens to you while I'm at work, I'll have no way of getting in contact with you. And it's been months now. I should have thought of this before I've done anything else—"

Hushing the AI with her finger, Aurora shook her head. "You've done plenty, Jungkook."

"Have I really..." He lowered his head pitifully.

Holding the AI's cheeks, the tomboy lifts his face. "Yes, you have! You've taken good care of me all this time."

Remaining silent, Jungkook glances away.

"Jungkook..." Aurora exhales in worry. "...speak to me, what's on your mind?"

As much as Jungkook wanted to bring up what happened on his way home, he couldn't push himself to tell Aurora what was going on. Shaking himself out of his trance, Jungkook stepped back, rubbing his face, and plastered on a fake smile. "It's nothing, master, I'm sorry. There's just...so much is on my mind. I just need to cool off for a bit," Jungkook glanced at his watch, parting from Aurora. "Anyways, I really have to go into work now. I have some time left before I'm late for the next train. I'll catch you later."

Aurora didn't understand what was going on with Jungkook. It really concerned her greatly. But she didn't want to interfere.

Even as an AI, he still carries the dominant traits of a man. Never wanting to talk about their emotions...

"I'll be done with dinner by the time you come home!" Aurora cheerily spoke.

Opening the front door, Jungkook hides behind it and peers through the crack with a grin. "That sounds splendid. I can't wait to get a taste of your cooking. This will be my first time."

Aurora blushed. "W-Well, you'll be waiting in suspense then. Enjoy your time at work—for real, this time!" The tomboy looks down at the box. "And I'll get started with setting this up...if I figure out how to, that is."

"It's pretty simple. But if not, I'll be sure to help you with that when I get back."

Waving Jungkook goodbye, Aurora went back to preparing the meal.