CHAPTER 15

Waking up, the apartment was quiet. Aurora went to see what Jungkook was doing. He wasn't there. Curious, Aurora looked around the living room and kitchen to see if he had left a note. Going to the fridge, she saw a purple post-it that was not there previously. It read, I'll be back in a few hours. My boss needed me to come in for an emergency.

Aurora shrugged, sticking the paper back on the fridge. She folded her arms, tapping her foot to a steady beat. "I'm tired of staying home..." She mumbled.

Ever since Aurora's been in this apartment, she surprisingly hasn't been outside. It was so deranged to her being that she was used to living on the streets, which meant that she was always travelling around to keep herself occupied.

"To stay in this cramped place every single day...?" She shuddered at the thought. "I'll just leave a note for Jungkook." Going back to the post-it, Aurora took it and went to grab a pen in her room. After writing her message, she returned it to the fridge and went about her business out of the apartment.

As Aurora exited, another boy was just exiting his apartment. Seeing her, he gasped and greeted her. "Hey, I've never seen you here before!"

Startled, Aurora left the door ajar with her hand attached to the doorknob. Before she fully closed it, she turned to look at him. He was a stunning white male with black hair and gray eyes. He was a few inches taller than Aurora, which intimidated her a little. He was basically the same height as Jungkook.

"Hey," He smiled kindly. "I'm guessing you're new here."

"Uh," Awkwardly, Aurora looked down at the hand he extended towards her. "Hi."

Logan waited for Aurora to shake his hand, but she didn't budge. Aurora's never shook anyone's hand before, and found it weird that a stranger like him would just willingly offer his to someone like her.

"Okay..." Logan retreated his hand and wiped it on his pants. "So, how long ago did you move here?"

"I've been here for a month..." Aurora cautiously replied as she kept her hand on the door tightly. She was anticipating his attack just in case she had to defend herself.

Locking his door, Logan glanced at Aurora, admiring how pretty she was. He smiled at her, earning an uncomfortable smile for her. "Well, I'll be going now. It was nice meeting you," He waves.

Aurora waved, but suddenly felt the need to be courteous. "Oh, I'm going in the same direction as you, so I, uh..."

"Oh? Are you asking me on a date?" Logan teased.

Aurora quickly said no.

Logan chuckled. "I'm just kidding. Sure, you can ride the elevator with me, I don't bite." He winks.

Blushing, Aurora quickly turned around and shut the door tight. Thinking to herself, Aurora reminded herself that Jungkook was going to have to open the door for her since she didn't have a key. "Well...I can't go back now." She mumbled.

Logan held the elevator for her while she hurried down the hall. Getting in, he pressed the Lobby button. Shrouding his hands in his pockets, he leaned to one side and smirked at Aurora. "What's your name?"

Aurora looked at him subtly. "Aurora."

"Wow, that's a gorgeous name." He complimented. "I hardly see any girls with that name. And it fits you quite well."

"Thanks," Aurora smiled. They both turned their attention back to the doors. Aurora began to feel somewhat warm inside. No guy has ever genuinely given Aurora a compliment like that. And not for her name. A random thought struck the tomboy's mind.