CHAPTER 28

Standing before her door, Logan asked Aurora, "How are you feeling?"

Aurora breathed calmly. "...a little better, but not entirely."

"Just breathe," Logan takes Aurora's shoulder gently. "And talk it out with that AI."

Aurora rolled her eyes and folded her arms. "I have nothing to say to him."

Patting her back more firmly, Logan pushed Aurora to go ahead. "You don't have to explain yourself to him, but just let him know what his place is," Logan advised. "And also..." A thought was lurking in the back of the male's mind. The sight of Jungkook crying had left Logan in awe. "...try to be...more kind with your words."

"Huh?" Aurora gawks. "Kind with my words? Is this coming from the same guy who just vented how much he can't stand AI's that thinks they can be human, while he was carrying me home?"

"Yeah, well..." Logan rubbed the back of his neck. "Even as I said that, a thought about Jungkook crossed my mind."

"Like what?" Aurora questions skeptically.

"N-Nothing, forget it." Pushing her door open, Logan went ahead in. "Jungkook?" He shouted. Looking around, there was no sight of him. Calling out to him again, there was still no response. "He's not here?"

Aurora sighed depressingly. "He probably ran off..."

"To where???" Logan queried.

"Who knows..." Aurora shrugs. "Probably off mooching with some girl..."

"You really think he's hitting it off with a chick already?"

"If you were a naïve girl, you'd fall for that AI, too." Aurora grumbled, folding her arms.

Logan covered his mouth and chuckled naughtily. "Are you telling me that even you've fallen for him, Aurora?"

"Oh, hell no!" Aurora stuck her tongue out in disgust. "He's a machine!"

"I thought you told me earlier at the fountain that you really liked him, hmm...?" Logan leaned closer to Aurora, examining if her face would change.

Aurora's cheeks became a little red from anger. "Yeah, I liked him a lot, so what?! I don't like him as in I want to get in a relationship with him!"

"Heh...platonic emotion, then, huh?"

"Pluh-what?" Aurora glowered.

Logan grinned. "It just means that your liking to him is nonsexual."

"Yeah, that." Aurora agrees.

"I can respect that." Logan shrugs. "Well, he's not here. So, I guess we can just wait for him to come back."

"I don't give a damn about whether or not he comes back. I'd prefer not to see him right now."

Stepping into the living room, Logan sat down on the couch. "So much for a good night."

Aurora shuts the front door, looking at the beige carpet.

Aurora scoffed. "So much for a good..." Aurora caught herself before she finished her sentence. But her mind completed it for her.

...friend.

Aurora hugged herself hopelessly.

While Logan began ranting off about how inconvenient this travesty was, Aurora's mind wandered off.

...maybe it was me who overreacted. She thought gloomily. I should have at least asked him why he felt that way...after all, I am his master. I should be taking care of him, too...all he's done was take care of me...