CHAPTER 50

Returning to the movie theatre, Jungkook traced his steps back to the corner where he and Aisha saw the group of guys before they had left to the cafe. Walking up to the now vacant scene, Jungkook scrutinized the area to see if there were any leads to help him find these boys. His vision caught sight of a red liquid that was somewhat dry but still fresh on the wall and on the floor.

Dropping on one knee, Jungkook took two of his fingers and swiped the blood off the floor, bringing it to his eyes. He scanned the blood with his inbuilt detection data to see if the blood would reveal its host.

"It's definitely his."

Standing up, Jungkook looked around. "He doesn't live in this area, but he does live in this borough."

Without further delay, Jungkook decided to get to the destination by foot.

Meanwhile, Devon and the boys were at a pharmacy receiving some supplies to help mend his wounds. Jonathan scolded Devon for how he behaved tonight and how embarrassing his actions were towards Logan's girlfriend.

"Do you have any idea what Logan could do to you under his father's jurisdiction?"

"You still believe that Logan's dad gives him all those benefits. You forgot that Logan has been an asshole to his father too, these past couple of years?" Devon questioned.

"It doesn't matter...he's still his blood, you moron." Jonathan breathed heavily. "When will you learn, seriously? You'll have this guy thinking that we're just like you."

"You know what? I don't have time for this." Bumping his shoulder against Jonathan's on purpose, Devon walked outside with the little bottle of liquor he bought.

Going into the ally, Devon leaned on the wall and popped the cap off, taking a swig. Exhaling forcefully from the burning sensation that built up in his throat, Devon gasped for air. "Damn...I haven't had this in a minute."

Although it was after midnight, Jungkook still carried on in pursuing this male. Devon's blood revealed not only where he lived, but also certain fingerprints and footprints that were left behind. Jungkook had used his unique scanning vision to trace tracks and prints of Devon and his friends.

After a long tread, the prints led the AI to a pharmacy where Devon was still settled at.

Devon was nonchalantly staring at the midnight sky, still slightly drunk. Jonathan and the others had helped Devon clean his cuts and put bandages on, but decided to go and reserve a spot at some pub down the street. Isaac asked Devon if he wanted to join them there, but he said he'd catch up with them once he cleared his head.

Standing across the street for a brief moment, Jungkook went straight towards the perpetrator.

Devon glanced up to see who was coming towards him in the alley, but it was quite dimmed. The lights from the pharmacy flickered a few times as Jungkook made his bouts closer to him.

Devon was hesitant about moving because he didn't know whether or not this guy was targeting him or not.

Jungkook snatched Devon by his already ruined collar.

Frantically, Devon latched onto the AI's arms trying to pry them off. "Yo, what do you want—" As Devon opened his mouth, Jungkook decked him in the face a few times.

Devon fell onto the ground unconscious.

Tilting his head, Jungkook eyed Devon pitifully. A closer glance of the boy made the AI conclude that this male was a troubled young man. It angered Jungkook that this man would take his inappropriate habits out on his master.