CHAPTER 9

Aurora stared out of the window, leaning her head on the sill. Jungkook came in, seeing that Aurora was in a distant phase. Coming over, he stood behind her, holding his hands behind his back. Aurora looked down at the parents and children that were walking down the street. They looked so peaceful, so carefree. Aurora frowned, rolling her eyes.

"Say..." Aurora began. "...why did you bring me here?" She wondered.

Jungkook figured that Aurora wanted to hear a more thorough explanation. He gathered his words together before he responded. Stepping next to the window, he leaned on the wall and looked at the dull carpet. "It's not safe for you to be on the streets. Even if you don't like it here, it is better than nothing."

"But, I already told you that anywhere but here was fine!" Aurora jumped and snapped at Jungkook, clenching her fists. "Why here, of all places?!"

"I—" Before Jungkook had a chance to explain himself, there was a loud cloud of marching coming up the stairs. Aurora and Jungkook looked at each other, wondering what was going on.

"They're up here."

Aurora recognized Mother Nan's voice. "...I knew it!" She hissed. Aurora didn't know what to do though. If they exited, whoever Mother Nan sent for them would see the two of them leaving. There was this window, but there was nothing to climb onto. She and Jungkook would fall straight down to their injury. Aurora began to panic, scattering her eyes around the room. "We need to hide!" She cried.

Jungkook walked over to the closet to look inside, but it was too small to fit either one of them. Under the bed was too low to the floor, so that was out of the picture. Aurora stuck her head out of the window and began to climb out, putting her foot on the ledge very carefully. Seeing this, Jungkook, quickly took her arm. "Are you crazy?" He asks. "Are you trying to kill yourself?"

"I don't want to be taken by the police!" Aurora said through her tears angrily. "This is why I didn't want to be taken here! I knew that witch was going to call the cops!" Aurora tried to yank her arm out of Jungkook's grip, but he refused to let go. "Let go of me!" She sneered.

Jungkook stared at Aurora. "As you wish," Letting go at the same time Aurora pulled back, Aurora's eyes lit up with shock. Her feet took a misstep, and she went headfirst to the bottom. Jungkook hastily grabbed her leg before she could escape his arms' reach. Aurora dangled from were he held her, but she screamed, holding her dress tightly to her abdomen. She had no underwear on.

How freaking embarrassing! She cursed mentally.

Jungkook lifted her back into the window, taking her hand. Rushing to the door, Jungkook went in the opposite direction that the cops and Mother Nan were coming from.

"There they are!" The woman cried.

Jungkook picked up his pace, causing Aurora's feet to barely touch the floor as they fled. Running downstairs, Jungkook swiftly slipped through the crowd of children and teens who were minding their business, until some of them recognized Aurora.

"Isn't that the girl who usually stinks?" One of them murmured.

"What is she doing with that guy?"

"Is he insane? She's completely hideous."

Pissed off, Aurora saluted the group of teens with her middle finger, earning a gasp from her audience.

Escaping through the back door, Jungkook led Aurora away from the scene. He scooped her up in his arms and carried her to York Seoul City. Aurora scrunched her right hand repeatedly and then sighed. "When is this ever going to end...?" She mumbled.