CHAPTER 48

"Logan..."

Washing his hands at the sink he mumbled. "...yes?"

Aurora hugged him from behind. "Are you okay?"

Silently, Logan nodded his head. But he couldn't help but speak up. "Yes, I am."

"Thank you for...standing up for me. You're truly brave."

Wiping his hands, the boy wrapped his arm around Aurora's waist. "I do love you a lot, Aurora...to see you hurt is the last thing I'd ever want."

Nodding, Aurora glanced away. "Yeah...but I didn't expect you to really beat him down like that...it actually terrified me."

"Y-You saw that?" Logan stuttered, pushing the girl back gently.

"I did." The tomboy admitted. "You really handled him back there."

Feeling defeat, Logan walked away ashamed.

"What?" Aurora asked.

"The last thing that I wanted for you to see was...the old me...my anger really got the best of me...and I couldn't help myself but to vent my rage...through my fists." Eyeing his hands, Logan clenched them. Looking at her, Logan's eyes refocused to the ground. "I used to be a different person back then, but I left all of that behind."

"I did hear you mention that..." Aurora whispered.

"The last thing that I'd ever want is for you to hate me because of it. That's why I really work hard on building a new persona. I struggled with habits back then that made me a monster. I'd never want to open a can of worms on that episode again, but tonight...? Come on..."

Aurora didn't know what to say. Her words fumbled and led to inaudible murmurs.

"I just wish I had better friends, seriously...sometimes I feel like the others don't even really care. We've all been together for so long that the concept of breaking up still hasn't even come up yet...and even if it does...we all eventually meet up again one way or another."

"You really think the others are the same?" Aurora asked.

"Aurora, we had originally become friends because we had the same nasty traits in common...it's about time I probably move on."

"Well, I think you should try one more time with them...it's not like they all assaulted me...it was just Devon."

"I guess so."

Meanwhile, Jungkook and Aisha had decided to go on a date that night, too. Jungkook liked the idea of seeing a movie, and decided to take her to a romantic screening around 8:30 PM. Aisha suggested a theater that her ex used to take her too. When the movie finished, the couple made their way to the entrance of the theater.

"The movie was pretty interesting," Aisha faced the AI. "Wasn't it?"

"Yeah it was. It's my first time seeing a romantic film."

Aisha found that to be impossible. "R-Really...?"

Jungkook quickly fixed his statement. "I meant, it's my first time seeing a romantic film of this nature."

"Ah, it is quite different from typical ones. You hardly see movies that portrays the main character deciding to marry someone else for the sake of protecting another lover."

Strangely, Aisha's interpretation of the movie made Jungkook feel some sort of connection with it. "Yeah...you don't say."

As Aisha continued to talk, the couple walked outside. Jungkook asked Aisha if she was hungry, but she declined.