CHAPTER 29

Not hearing from Jungkook for three days, Aurora knew that the problem was deeper than it was. She sat in the living room, in deep meditation. The tomboy felt like she had an argument with her lover and he bailed on her, leaving behind the kids, the bills, the problems—her.

Sucking her teeth, Aurora purposely fell off the couch and rolled onto the ground with a pillow wrapped in her arms.

It's not fair... She thought bitterly. Hugging the pillow tighter, she sighed. "...it's like he always gets the last blow to hurt me more than I can hurt him."

Aurora stared at the carpet, wondering where he could have possibly been. Of course, she'd be worried if he was actually gone—hurt somewhere—or probably dead. It wasn't as though Aurora was only concerned about who was going to pay the bills and the rent for this apartment. She could care less about being homeless again.

...but then again,

She did enjoy having a secure place to be in.

Nothing was just fair.

Aurora got up and went outside to knock on Logan's door. Sad to say, Logan couldn't stay with her the night after Jungkook's disappearance. He had to go up to Yonkers for a business meeting that was previously arranged. He didn't even know about it, since he had originally thought that the dinner date was the only scheduled thing on his calendar for that week in the month.

"He's still not back..." Aurora sighed.

There was only so many places Aurora could have gone to keep her mind off of her situation. Back to the beach, back to Blackatman, back to the Britalian restaurants, back to the abandoned house she once lived in—

...back to the beach.

Aurora's eyes dullened at the memory. Now that she thought about it, it's been months since she has seen the beauty of the sandy surface and the salty sea. Oh, how she craved to get a glimpse of that beautiful picture.

Going back into the apartment, Aurora locked the door and ran her hand through her messy hair. She hasn't bothered to groom herself since Jungkook up and left. Remembering that she hasn't ate much in the past two days, Aurora headed for the kitchen to whip up something to eat. This time around, the girl definitely had no choice but to learn how to cook for herself. Thankfully enough, Aurora was able to find out that the building she lived in had a minimarket, which allowed residents to do some minor shopping for items without having to travel too far.

Aurora had bought some fruits, spaghetti, ground beef, and tomato paste. Being that Jungkook was the one who was paying for everything, she was able to put the bill under his tab—being that she also owned him. It was a bit unusual for her, since she's never used a tab before. Hell, she didn't even know what a tab was until the cashier explained it to her.

Finishing preparing the meal, Aurora made herself a plate, and calmly ate at the kitchen table. Aurora had to admit, her cooking had gotten a lot better compared to the first time she tried to make something and Jungkook had to put out the fire she caused. As she sat there, she contemplated how things would have been much different, if only she and him hadn't gotten into a petty argument about him never being home. Exhaling, Aurora slowly lost her appetite. But she kept eating, only because she knew that deep down, Jungkook would be very concerned if she didn't.

A few hours had gone by as Aurora decided for a change, to try and do her hair in a different hairstyle. She always had her hair down. And she just wanted to kill time. There was nothing fancy ever going on with that head of hers. Glancing in the bathroom mirror, she turned her face side to side.

"Geez..." Aurora muttered. "...I'm pretty damn ugly."

She lifted a bulk of hair on one side of her head, and took up the other side, lifting them into one big mess. Glowering, she dropped her hair and her arms. "This is no use...I can't style my hair for the life of me." Looking around the bathroom with her hands on her hips, she grimaced. "Hell, I don't even have anything to do my hair with!"

Frustrated, Aurora concluded her short-lived assignment by washing her hair and combing it out with her fingers. Letting it air dry, she would run her hand through her follicles to separate them and give her hair a wavy look. Leaving a towel around her neck to catch the dripping water, she sat on the floor in the living room and proceeded to watch the food network. The food channel was in a way, a dear friend of hers. It taught her how to put love and effort into what she worked for, and how-to bring others into the fold to enjoy what she has created. Too bad though—Aurora hadn't reached the level of making more friends. She only had Logan and Jungkook. But Jungkook was gone temporarily.

Hopefully just temporarily.

The whole day had gone by, just as Aurora expected. There was no news or hearing from Jungkook.

He must really hate me right now... Aurora thought dreadfully. I shouldn't have lashed out at him like that...Jungkook wouldn't say anything that is meant to cause harm... She closed her eyes. ...but it scares me that he used those words on me...I never would have thought that anyone would view me as being...clingy...let alone a machine.

Aurora's hair, finally drying completely, led her to laying on the floor and going to sleep. The pain of being lonely was truly getting to her. Aurora was used to being alone, but this kind of loneliness made her feel empty.

Incomplete.

Inadequate.

Insecure

What the hell is wrong with me...

Why do I care so much about how an AI feels...?

A tear rolled down Aurora's cheek.

Am I...insane?

...I wish Logan was here.

Although her mind was at war with her heart, Aurora pushed herself to go peacefully asleep on her distant thoughts.