CHAPTER 7

Approaching the Kings Bridge, Jungkook and Aurora stood hand in hand watching as hundreds of people traveled on and off the bridge. Aurora was amazed by how diverse the races were. They ambled to the entrance of the bridge, standing off to the side. They observed as so many people continuously walked nonchalantly.

"I've never been on a bridge before..." Aurora tells Jungkook. He looked at her. "Are you glad we came here?"

Aurora didn't know whether or not if this was a moment in her life she should mark as special. But being that she had someone to share it with, why not? She nodded and smiled.

Jungkook and Aurora proceeded to follow the mass crowd. Aurora went to the right side of him so that she can keep peering over the ledge. Below them were cars commuting to and fro. There were unceasing indistinct conversations taking place and honking from vehicles blending into the ambience. Jungkook pulls Aurora along to quicken her pace. Wondering why he was in a sudden rush, she questioned him. But Jungkook as usual, didn't say much in these situations. Aurora tried to slow him down by pulling his hand with both of hers. "Wait!" She pleaded.

Jungkook slew down a bit to look at her. "Let's quicken our pace."

"Why?"

"These people are moving too slow. I believe the best part of the bridge is towards the middle."

"The middle...?" Aurora muttered.

Jungkook let's go of her hand to lead the way. "Stay close," He requests.

As he moved out of the walking lane, Jungkook swiftly jets onto the bike lane, making a ready to go ahead of a mob of slow travelers. Aurora tried to follow behind closely, only to be aggressively honked at by a biker. Jungkook hastily shoved her out of harm's way, causing her to hit her back on the wall. The biker sped past, calling her an idiot and kept biking away. The girl winced in pain. Her height was already bad enough. But unfortunately, her back collided with one of the metal nuts that were sticking out of the wall.

Once there were no more bikes passing, Jungkook hurried to her and touched her back. "I am sorry. But if I had not pushed you, that man would have hurt you worse."

"It's fine..." She hissed through the stinging sensation. "...It'll go away."

Jungkook began to exercise kindness, placing his hand on her back and began to rub it gently. Aurora appreciated his gesture. Pulling her straight on her feet, Aurora clenched onto the back of his shirt. Jungkook supported Aurora, guiding her towards the halfway point of the bridge.

When they finally reached, Aurora was curious to see where they stood now. Her back was already feeling better, and so she decided to leave Jungkook's care and hurry over to the ledge. Her eyes widened with fear and she jumped back. "Water?!"

Jungkook caught her before she knocked over a little child.

Aurora clenched her toes and grabbed onto Jungkook's shirt panicking.

Jungkook didn't understand what was the problem until Aurora speedily told him that she's never stood so high above water before. Jungkook hugged her, forcing her to follow him back to the ledge. He peered over looking before. "It's not that bad."

"You're so full of it." Aurora barked. Cursing under her breath, she ducked her head into his chest and exhaled excessively.

Jungkook took it as one of Aurora's panic attacks and submitted to her needs. "I'll proceed with taking you off this bridge." Jungkook eased her way from the ledge, guiding her along.

"I'm sorry..." Aurora trembled. "...I've never been good with heights or water much..."

"I believe that is a common fear most humans have."