CHAPTER 21

"That was delicious!" Aurora stretched, standing on her toes. "I've never had Thai Cuisine before."

"My dad used to order it for me a lot when I was younger."

"Lucky you." Aurora smirked. "I wish I had that luxury."

"Believe me, it wasn't really all that."

"Okay, now you're just being too modest."

Glancing at Aurora, Logan grinned. "Let's go for a walk. The beautiful sunset is putting me in a mood, now." Taking Aurora's hand, he guided her down the path, which would lead to a beautiful man-made pond surrounded by the streets and barricaded by the firm black iron gates. There were a group of beautifully majestic swans coated in thrilling white feathers, swimming through the waters. Aurora was taken aback by this phenomenon. She gasped in awe, grabbing onto the iron gates. She nearly jumped over from excitement, but Logan held her back.

"Be careful!" He laughed.

Aurora's eyes glistened like a little child seeing their parents pick out the treats they've always wanted from a candy shop. "This is so...beautiful." She whispered. "Even the lights they set up to shine in this area is so...nice." Aurora's eyes lowered to the water. Her face softened when she thought about her life. "...Mother Nan would never take me out to places like this."

Intrigued by Aurora's murmuring, Logan stepped closer to her and questioned what she said. Aurora sighed to herself and looked at him. "I..." Aurora began hesitantly.

Logan rested his hand on Aurora's. "Whenever you're ready. Don't push yourself."

Aurora nodded and shrugged. "It's...whatever." Running her hand through her hair, she explained to Logan what's been on her mind. "I was raised in a foster home, okay?"

Logan's eyes perked up for a moment, but he seemed to be unbiased about that statement.

"I didn't have the best childhood like the rich kids in this state. I've...been an orphan since birth, so, I've never met my parents. I was bullied a lot by the foster kids, picked on, been in many fights...and this cycle has been going on for years. It just came to a point where I just had enough...and so, a few months ago, I've decided to just...run away, and live on my own on the streets."

Logan nodded his head, listening to every word Aurora said.

"I was honestly scared. I'm not gonna lie. But I had to choose between the abuse that I was receiving there, and the freedom I'd have if I had just left permanently." Aurora exhaled, entwining her hands. "And so, I decided to leave...and later on...I met Jungkook."

"Jungkook?"

"My android."

"Ah, right. I remember him."

"Right." Aurora whispered.

Examining her face, Logan says, "You don't seem too happy about him, either."

Biting her lower lip, Aurora shrugged weakly. "To be honest...he's been working so much that I hardly ever get a chance to see him now. His mind is so hooked onto taking care of me, it's becoming unbearable. Sometimes I honestly feel like I don't live with anyone, and that I just live on my own."

"Well, I mean—he is an android."

"Yes, but he's different from other androids!" Aurora cried. "He has to take out time to learn about himself and others." Aurora clenched a fist. "He's probably already made new friends, which is why he's been avoiding me..."