CHAPTER 32

Stepping in front of the apartment, Jungkook's hand shook. He didn't know how to approach Aurora, now that he had calmed down. "Just do it..." Opening the door, Jungkook peered inside. It was dark. He turned on the lights, glancing around the apartment. Jungkook knew that his absence from home was very uncalled for. But he needed time to think. "Master?" He called out. "But there wasn't any response.

Jungkook placed the gift Aisha gave him on the living room table. He went into Aurora's room, seeing that no one was present. He checked his room too, and the bathroom.

Nothing.

Scratching his head. Jungkook was slowly becoming concerned. "Master?" He calls out again.

Turning on his heel, Jungkook exited his apartment, and turned his head to face Logan's door. Staring blankly at it, he decided to knock.

No response.

Jungkook knocked again.

Still no response.

Where could she have gone? Jungkook thought.

As the AI was about to go on a search, he heard something fall inside the apartment. Jungkook froze for a second, and waited.

"Ah...crap." Jungkook hears a faint voice behind the door. He knocked once more—this time more urgently. "Yeah?! I'm coming..."

Seeing the peep hole light up, Jungkook stared directly into it.

"Oh wow," The door opens up. "It's you." Logan leaned on the door frame with the door halfway ajar. He was shirtless in his boxers, and looked a bit disheveled.

Jungkook furrowed an eyebrow. "Have you seen my master?"

"It's been how many days, and now you're wondering where your master is?"

Jungkook didn't say a word.

"She's inside," Logan pointed at the couch. "But she's asleep so be quiet. She drank a little too much."

Jungkook analyzed what the boy just said, and he knew exactly what he meant by drinking. He entered Logan's household, going straight to the couch. Seeing Aurora, it relieved him. She was asleep, but she looked more vulnerable than ever. "Master—"

"Hey! What the hell I just said?!" Logan cried. "Don't talk! She's sleeping!"

Jungkook didn't like what he was seeing. He knew something was up. Peering at Logan, he glared.

Logan held a glass of whine in his hand, twirling it as he sat and read his paperwork at the kitchen table. Logan looked up at the robot and glowered. "Mind telling me why you're staring at me like that?"

"What did you do to her?" Jungkook questioned.

"Huh?" Logan furrowed an eyebrow. "I haven't done anything."

Jungkook wasn't buying it. Approaching Logan, it made the male become defensive. Logan quickly stood up, backing the seat away. "The hell is wrong with you? You go MIA for a few days and then come back like a psycho—what's your problem?!"

"Ugh..."

Logan and Jungkook paused, breaking their necks to hear Aurora groaning. She slowly sat up and hugged herself. She sat there quietly for a few seconds. And then yawned. Finally, she turned on the couch and looked at Logan, and then saw Jungkook standing there. Her eyes lit up. "Jung-guk—" Aurora hiccupped, quickly covering her mouth. "Jungkook...?" Aurora stood up, wobbling over to him.

"Aurora, babe, sit down before you get—"

"Babe?" Jungkook repeats.

Logan rolled his eyes. Going around the AI, he hurried to Aurora and held her carefully. "Babe, lay back down and rest.

"But, Jungkook is here!" Aurora cries softly. "I want to see him!" Aurora pleads, squeezing herself out of Logan's grasp. Hurrying to Jungkook, she hugged him tightly.

The AI was quite surprised to receive such a warm greeting from the girl. But something was definitely off about her. She reeked of alcohol.

"Master—" Jungkook pushed her away gently. "Why do you smell...different?"

"Different? What?" Aurora asked in confusion.

Jungkook could tell by her eyes that Aurora wasn't fully there. She was under some sort of influence.

Logan pinched the bridge of his nose. "Aurora, you need to sleep, seriously. I didn't realize how much glasses you were chugging."

Aurora then suddenly dropped her weight. Jungkook caught her before she hit the floor.

"I'll take her off your hands, thank you." Pulling Aurora into his arms, Logan carried her out of Jungkook's sight. He took her to his bedroom and laid her to sleep there, coming back out.

Jungkook eyed Logan—eyeing him in a way where he sensed a threat coming off of him. But Logan ignored it.

"Boy, I tell you, she can drink!" The male face palms. "I'm never letting her try my exported liquors again."

"You gave her alcohol?" Jungkook questioned.

Pausing, Logan glared at Jungkook, then closed his eyes and sighed. "Yeah? So, what of it?"

"She's underaged."

Hearing that statement, Logan slowly looked at Jungkook with anger. "How would a machine like you even know what age someone can drink in this country?"

Not saying a word, Jungkook and Logan stood, not moving a muscle.

Logan eventually broke the silence out of annoyance. "Listen, I don't appreciate a machine like you, coming into my apartment and making me feel like I'm being threatened. If you aren't satisfied already, wait until tomorrow to speak to Aurora. Right now, she's obviously in no \shape to actually coherently communicate with you properly."

"What did you do to her?"

Logan sucked his teeth. "For the last time—I didn't do anything to her. Why don't you mind your damn business and get out!" Pointing at the exit, Logan tried to calm his rage.

Jungkook lifted his chin, looking down at Logan loftily.

That stare made Logan's blood boil, but he couldn't retaliate.

He had quite a number of drinks himself.

Walking to the exit, Jungkook opened the door and left immediately.

"Finally," Logan exhales exasperatedly. "Some fresh air." Slamming the door shut, he locked it. Logan returned to his room to check up on Aurora. She was fast asleep—thankfully.

Logan couldn't help but feel his body being drained. Running his hand through his messy hair, he shut off his bedroom light and went to go sleep in the living room.