Chapter 111: Every Problem Has A Solution

Start from the beginning

I take a sip of wine looking off into the Malibu hills as a million thoughts run through my mind.

"You haven't touched any of your food", Greg says gaining my attention.

"I don't have much of an appetite."

He chuckles, "You always said I'd be the one to ruin your career but look now. Fucking things up all by yourself, good job."

"Greg I'm not in the mood."

"At least the world will finally get to see you for what you really are."

"Do you not have any kind of decency? This affects you too in chase you forgot."

"I didn't forget. Maybe I'll sell my story like your girlfriend did to make up for the shit show that is about to occur."

"Rachel didn't leak this."

"So an unknown source just happens to have evidence of the two of you laying around? Who else knew about you two besides Frank?"

I glance over at him.

"Come on, I'm not stupid. That man would wipe your ass if you'd let him."

I roll my eyes.

"All I'm saying is you'd be surprised what people can do when they think they can get away with it. From the start I could see Rachel was trouble."

"Ok David will just have to chastise me later. I'm done with this dinner, let's go", I say getting up and grabbing my purse.

As we walk out to the valet we see a group of paparazzi running our way with their cameras pointed towards us.

Greg holds me by the waist and I lean into him pressing a kiss on his lips for show.

"Senator Abner! Senator Abner! Can we get a quote?"

Greg gives the valet his ticket while we try to plaster smiles on our faces.

"Senator what do you have to say about the allegations?"

"Senator Abner is it true you're having an affair with a staffer?"

I make eye contact with Greg and he assumes the role he knows how to play so well.

"We know you have a job to do but please back up and give us space."

"Who is the staffer? Are you getting a divorce? Will you suspend your campaign with these new allegations?", the paparazzi all shout out at once.

I take a deep breath and try not to let them see me sweat.Thankfully our car pulls up and the valet assists us in clearing the way.

Greg stands behind me with his hand placed on the small of my back leading me to the car as cameras flash and phones are shoved in my face.

"No comment. You all have a good night", Greg says to the crowd after he closes the door for me.

When he gets in the car they surround us giving us no way to exit.

"Greg get us out of here."

"What do you want me to do? Run over one of these assholes? You'll have another scandal and lawsuit on your hands."