Chapter 55

A/N:
Just a little hint, Juli's POV is before Yuta came to her room.

Enjoy 💚💚

~*~

JULI

"You too huh?"

Hendery blinked and breathed in before replying, "yeah." He looked away from the sky to the floor. "I thought I was really free, you know. But everytime I try to close my eyes, I'm afraid that I will feel her— I'm always waiting for that coldness spread all over my body again."

I didn't know what to say. I wish I could help him.

"How about you?"

I breathed in a shaky breath, "you know, just the Avatar stuff." I said. "Remember when Jaemin, Renjun, Mai, you, and I first met? It feels like a few weeks ago. Everything happens so fast... I guess I'm still trying to make sense of it."

"What are you talking about?" He chuckled. "You're a good Avatar."

That made me smile, "oh yeah? And how'd you know that?" I snickered, "good Avatar." I said in a mocking manner.

"Oh you know," he shrugged. "Your lessons with Jaehyun, now Yuta's airbending teacher. And those useless lessons with Ten and Yuta at Lotus City. You must be a master by now."

I playfully rolled my eyes at him, "oh ha ha, very funny." I said. "You weren't even conscious the whole time." I said quietly.

"Hey," he gave a squeeze back on my hand on top of it. "I know you're good. You're great. I don't have to see to know that." He grinned widely again.

I pushed him away lightly and shook my head. I felt heat rising to my face.

Maybe he's right. Though I'm not really sure about that. But I know one thing: I want to be better. I have to be better.

"What happened anyway? Why is everyone keep saying you beat me up? Did the witch make me do something really bad?"

"No. It wasn't anything serious." I immediately said. "Ten was the one who said that. You tried to fight us, but— but I stopped you and accidentally pushed you to a tree a bit too hard. That's all." I lied.

I felt his gaze was still on me. Then he leaned closer and tried to make me look at him.

"That's all." I repeated.